GMRS V1 power?

WRCY896

Question

I was tinkering with my two v1 radios today. I bought them two years ago and seem to recall them being 2 watt radios.

Then I found some information today stating there were or are 2 watt and 5 watt radios.

Doe anyone have any insight to this?

9 answers to this question

That doesn't bother me. It's a GMRS radio, designed for the simplest person to use. This isn't HAM. I actually like the radio, as I don't care to monitor anything beyond the weather and only talk with my family and one other person. Making any program changes only takes a few moments anyway.

It has more menu options than the Retevis 76p as well.

I dont have a Wouxon or commercial radio, so can't make a comparison there. It works for my needs anyway.

Umm...

I was asking for insight about a specific question and you brought up something totally different and how you hate a certain part about these radios... with three dots indicating you wanted more discussion on the matter or the thought wasn't complete.

So I elaborated.

I brought up ham because I notice a lot of people bring up how a lot of GMRS radios don't have the ability to do certain things which they were never designed to do and have been hard coded for the GMRS channels. Basically I was responding to the last part of your statement regarding custom channels. There isn't much room for customization in GMRS and I was just pointing that out while trying to stay on topic.

No offense taken and I certainly didn't intend to push any forward.

buddy has a new v1 and its output is a lil over 3.5w if i member right. decent sounding radio, however i hate the way you have to program custom channels over stock location ones....

gave a power number, mentioned one thing about the radio i didnt like, i also didnt know that 3 periods or more means u want more discussion thats new to me, ill have to start not using periods for that reason.

Those three little dots are called an ellipsis (plural: ellipses). The term ellipsis comes from the Greek word meaning “omission,” and that's just what an ellipsis does—it shows that something has been left out. When you're quoting someone, you can use an ellipsis to show that you've omitted some of their words

I searched the dictionary meaning for it.

Not trying to be a jerk, I just presume people understand punctuation and it's possible meanings and interpretation. Just the way my personality is, and how I see things on a printed format, where we can't actually see people's faces and interact that way.