Radioddity GM-30 Firmware update v2.06

WyoJoe

Question

In the last day or so, Radioddity has released new firmware for the GM-30 radio.

It is available on their website now.

V2.06 allows the programming of additional repeater channels on which you can transmit.

To try it out, I updated the firmware on my radios, then reset them (menu 40).

After that I opened my saved configuration, and added eight additional repeater channels to the file, then uploaded the new file to the radios.

It seems to be working as it should with the additional repeater channels available in addition to the stock 30 channels.

The new firmware/software package allows the configuration of additional channels for multiple repeaters on the same frequency pair, where only the PL tone is different.

For those that have been wanting additional flexibility with the programming of these radios, this update should help.

4 answers to this question

On my GM-30s, I used the DIY channels for repeater programming. I have eight repeater pairs with no "privacy" (PL, CTCSS, DCS) tones selected, eight pairs with the common "travel" tone (141.3), and another eight pairs with customized tones for repeaters in my area. The other thing you can do with the DIY channels is simplex frequencies with pre-configured tones. If going to Disneyland or some place like that, you could monitor these channels to find one that has minimal interference from other users.

On 5/21/2021 at 6:07 PM, WyoJoe said:

On my GM-30s, I used the DIY channels for repeater programming. I have eight repeater pairs with no "privacy" (PL, CTCSS, DCS) tones selected, eight pairs with the common "travel" tone (141.3), and another eight pairs with customized tones for repeaters in my area. The other thing you can do with the DIY channels is simplex frequencies with pre-configured tones. If going to Disneyland or some place like that, you could monitor these channels to find one that has minimal interference from other users.

I'm assuming I have to download software to program the DIY frequencies? 

4 hours ago, bobthetj03 said:

I'm assuming I have to download software to program the DIY frequencies? 

Yes, I used the "factory" software available on the Radioddity website. I downloaded and saved the stock configuration first, then updated the firmware, did a factory reset, then uploaded the stock configuration to the radio. After I was successful with all of that, I was able to use the software to configure the DIY channels.

I don't remember if I had to download again from the radio before I could configure the DIY channels, but it's possible I did that.

After configuring the channels the way I wanted them, I saved the file again with a new name, and uploaded it to the radio.