Midland MXT275 Offset Programming

jsadler

Question

Newbie GRMS user here, just received my Midland MXT275 radio the other day and looked at my local repeaters and noticed the are using offsets. Looking through the manuals and reaching out too Midland for answers, pending their response.  I haven't been able to determine if my Midland or any Midland radio is capable of being programmed for offsets. Does anyone know if the Midlands are able to be programmed for offsets for repeaters? Thanks

4 answers to this question

@Wayoverthere, thanks for the information. Didn't know that they were preprogrammed for correct offsets +5. So, when I seen this on my local repeater list, I started investigating and couldn't find that information in the manual, and Midland's tech support is, very slow to respond. Thanks for answer.

Glad to help

Newbie GRMS user here, just received my Midland MXT275 radio the other day and looked at my local repeaters and noticed the are using offsets. Looking through the manuals and reaching out too Midland for answers, pending their response.  I haven't been able to determine if my Midland or any Midland radio is capable of being programmed for offsets. Does anyone know if the Midlands are able to be programmed for offsets for repeaters? Thanks

Just follow these steps from your Owners Manual to get the repeater channels to appear on the display:

To Set the Repeater Channel:
1. Press and release the Menu button to place the radio in “Menu” mode.

2. Use the Volume Up or Volume Down button to scroll through the menu
options until the LCD display shows rP

3. Press the Lock button to confirm your selection.

4. Use the Volume Up or Volume Down button to select ON or OFF.

5. Press the Lock button to confirm your selection. YOU MUST PRESS THE LOCK BUTTON TO CONFIRM YOUR SELECTION

OR THE REPEATER CHANNEL SELECTION WILL NOT BE CHANGED

When activated the repeater channels will be displayed as the channel number (Ex. 15,16,17,ect.) and the rP icon

▪▪ Repeater channels will appear immediatly following the standard GMRS channels (ex: 20,21,22,15rP,16rP17rP etc)