RG58 Crimper/Stripper Kit?

Extreme

Looking at Amazon for this but thought I'd get recommendations here for a decent kit. Don't wanna break the bank but nothing too cheapo either.
To build custom length NMO for mobile installs using PL239.
Also, any special tools for the NMO permanent mount fittings?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

For crimping I bought a dx engineering crimping kit. Decent price. Comes with cutter and swappable crimp dies. So you can swap between rg58/lmr400.

Definetly spend money on a good circle nmo cutter from laird or larsen. Definetly, a auto center punch (used a harbor freight one). Don't want to have a radio shop punch a hole and put a weather plug in till you can do the install.

I used a Milwaukee steel circle cutting bit and a step drill bit. I am a mechanic by trade. Should have know better then to use what I had. Was it terrible job NO. Was I proud NO. Would I have been ok if it was a customers car fNO.

Really wish I could recommend something in the middle between professional and I am gonna give it a try once grade of tools.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

For NMO hole saws the Laird or Ripley is what you want. The Ripley is actually what Motorola sells. 

For crimpers get a decent set. In the end they will last years. I got mine from Tessco almost 20 years ago and all three sets are still going. I know DX and other places have decent ratchet crimpers for 1 or 2 here and there but if your doing more than 1 a week spend the money. 

Also double check the dies that come with it and has the right ones for connector you are using.

Looking at Amazon for this but thought I'd get recommendations here for a decent kit. Don't wanna break the bank but nothing too cheapo either.
To build custom length NMO for mobile installs using PL239.
Also, any special tools for the NMO permanent mount fittings?

Thanks.

I was thinking of adding NMO fittings to cable, not drilling holes.