Duplexer help

Guest Bob

I just got a VXR 7000 and want to make sure I hook the external duplexer up correctly.

The VXR was programed for GMRS and I do have a license. Programing is 467.5500-467.7250.

Thank you

A Duplexer should be tuned for a single pair of frequencies - ie: 462.550 transmit (low) and 467.550 receive (high).

There are people selling duplexers that are supposed to be tuned to the middle of the GMRS band - and are advertised to cover all the GMRS repeater channels. What they don't tell you is that they don't perform as well as a duplexer that's actually tuned to the specific frequency pair that your repeater is using. This is ESPECIALLY true for the compact "flat pack" notch duplexers which are often used by budget conscious repeater owners.

A duplexer works best when it has high isolation & narrow notch windows. Trying to make the duplexer cover a wider range of frequencies will never improve system performance.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:04 PM, Guest Bob said:

I just got a VXR 7000 and want to make sure I hook the external duplexer up correctly.

The VXR was programed for GMRS and I do have a license. Programing is 467.5500-467.7250.

Thank you

that programing will not work

462.xxxx/467.xxxx is how it should be programed.

concur w/Radioguy7268 also