paramedic

Guest hitt3622@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Guest hitt3622@yahoo.com said:

My ambulance has a vx 2200 radio that transmits buy will not recieve any ideas??

It’s just not possible to troubleshoot that problem via long distance and in a forum devoted to a specific radio service that is not normally used by EMS. There are too many reasons that can cause the radio to not receive and most of them are not easily identified without physically examining the unit  

It would best for a qualified radio tech to examine the radio and its installation in your ambulance. Given the critical nature of your mission, you should have a properly trained tech fixing your radio. 

55 minutes ago, SteveC7010 said:

It’s just not possible to troubleshoot that problem via long distance and in a forum devoted to a specific radio service that is not normally used by EMS. There are too many reasons that can cause the radio to not receive and most of them are not easily identified without physically examining the unit  

It would best for a qualified radio tech to examine the radio and its installation in your ambulance. Given the critical nature of your mission, you should have a properly trained tech fixing your radio. 

This.

That said, I'd say if you have access to the menu, check the squelch. If that's on a reasonable level you need to talk to whoever handles the radio tech for your company. 

I will say my vx4200 was doing something similar, and it was a another "base" squelch level setting in the software that was on like 9/12; the menu setting seems to only have a little bit of range from that base setting. Cut it down to 2 or 3, and now all is good.

1 hour ago, DeoVindice said:

Assuming this is a previously good radio that stopped working without a programming change being made, take it to your radio shop for alignment.

The OP provided no information that would even remotely hint at a cause for the problem. Suggesting that it simply needs alignment is disingenuous at best. The radio needs to be evaluated by a competent tech. Once the problem is determined, the appropriate repair can be applied. Let’s give people good advice.