Programming Wouxun KG-805G Not working

Penneraz

Question

Hi all. I tried a search but couldn't find an existing discussion already about problems programming the Wouxun KG-805G.  I purchased the factory programming cable and software along with the radio but have run into a problem I can seem to resolve. After installing the software and connecting the radio with the cable which says by the way "support win10" which my laptop has I get an Failed Connection error message. Following Two Way Radios awesome videos I discovered that you need to select the correct "comm port" in order to communicate with the radio. However in my case all choices are greyed out and I can't get it to connect to my PC. Any ideas how to solve the connection issue?

*UPDATE* I solved the problem by installed the drivers from the CD provided. My bad (slap forehead)

Edited by Penneraz
Resolved the issue

3 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Penneraz said:

Hi all. I tried a search but couldn't find an existing discussion already about problems programming the Wouxun KG-805G.  I purchased the factory programming cable and software along with the radio but have run into a problem I can seem to resolve. After installing the software and connecting the radio with the cable which says by the way "support win10" which my laptop has I get an Failed Connection error message. Following Two Way Radios awesome videos I discovered that you need to select the correct "comm port" in order to communicate with the radio. However in my case all choices are greyed out and I can't get it to connect to my PC. Any ideas how to solve the connection issue?

If it's not finding the comm port, that's almost always a driver issue. Some cables, win10 requires installing an older version of the drivers for the cable.

Wasn't able to find a good source offhand, but I'll try to look some more a bit later when I can get on an actual computer.

1 hour ago, wayoverthere said:

If it's not finding the comm port, that's almost always a driver issue. Some cables, win10 requires installing an older version of the drivers for the cable.

Wasn't able to find a good source offhand, but I'll try to look some more a bit later when I can get on an actual computer.

I appreciate your offer for help but I've resolved my issue. Thanks!