GMRS radios

Lifegood

Question

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Lifegood said:

Hello again everyone, I have a DB25-G GMRS radio and I’m having a very difficult time trying to down the software from radioddity.

Has anyone else having  this problem and if so how did you rectify it . I can really use some help.

Thanks in advance

WROA534

what part  of it is giving you problems? their website seems like it's being a little wonky for me, but i was able to get to the download link for the DB25-g software.

https://baofeng.s3.amazonaws.com/Radioddity_DB25-G_CPS_V1.01_20210830.zip

what operating system are you using?

wayoverthere's link IS to an exe file.

I don't even own the DB-25G, yet I had no problem downloading the file in windows xp and showing you a screenshot of the running problem.

I really want to help, but not clear what your problem is?

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 3.37.11 PM.png

7 hours ago, Lifegood said:

I keep saying I Don't have the exe file.

so when i grabbed it on win10, there's one folder with the windows CPS, and a 'mac osx' folder, which has another version of the CPS that i assume is for Mac OS. the windows version opened up fine (much like the window @MichaelLAX showed above), though i did get an error message about a comm port (perhaps due to running from the zip, the limited account i'm using, or the lack of a plugged in cable).  I also tried running the Mac version for the heck of it, and got a message that i needed administrator permission to run a 16 bit application.  both times i ran it straight from within the zip file, without receiving a message about not having an exe file, so not sure what the issue could be.

i will note that i'm running it on an intel ComputeStick pc (atom CPU, minimal ram, win 10 32 bit), under a general user (not admin) account.

22 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

what part  of it is giving you problems? their website seems like it's being a little wonky for me, but i was able to get to the download link for the DB25-g software.

https://baofeng.s3.amazonaws.com/Radioddity_DB25-G_CPS_V1.01_20210830.zip

This link only gives me the Windows exe file noted in my screenshot above nothing else.  Hence no Mac file in my download.

I did not have a COM problem, but that may be because I was previously running some Windows software for my TYT-UV88 and had already linked my USB to the proper COM port, which cable was still plugged in, and it probably carried forward.

I run Windows XP virtually using Parallels Desktop on my MacMini running High Sierra and have never had a problem with any Windows CPS programming software for radios that I own, or for Codeplugs that I have written for others, even for radios that I do not own.

Here is the "default" codeplug from the downloaded DB-25G software:

DB-25G-default.dat

47 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

This link only gives me the Windows exe file noted in my screenshot above nothing else.  Hence no Mac file in my download.

I did not have a COM problem, but that may be because I was previously running some Windows software for my TYT-UV88 and had already linked my USB to the proper COM port, which cable was still plugged in, and it probably carried forward.

Interesting...I got a zip file containing an executable, and a Mac osx folder ?

agreed on the comm port/cable...I don't have anything plugged in currently beyond a mouse (and keyboard via Bluetooth)