newby to gmrs

bhughes

Trying to connect my Wouxun K905 to my local repeater. Mygmrs list the frequency which is repeater channel 15

with transmit and receive ctcss as 151.4 for both. Loaded those both on my two radios under ctcss menu. I put both receive and transmit in as 151.4. I can't seem to connect to repeater. Am I doing something wrong in setting up?

any help appreciated.

bob

2 hours ago, bhughes said:

Trying to connect my Wouxun K905 to my local repeater. Mygmrs list the frequency which is repeater channel 15

with transmit and receive ctcss as 151.4 for both. Loaded those both on my two radios under ctcss menu. I put both receive and transmit in as 151.4. I can't seem to connect to repeater. Am I doing something wrong in setting up?

any help appreciated.

bob

First thought is are you using ch 15 or the repeater channel 15? (I believe it's labeled Rept15 on my 805g). The repeater preset will have the transmit offset needed for the repeater, where regular ch 15 transmits and receives on the same frequency (simplex).

Second, how are you determining connection to the repeater? Listening for a tone/static/squelch tail back from the repeater or for audio from your other radio? If the latter, it may be desensing when you transmit and not getting the repeated audio. (I see the desense issue was mentioned in the other thread)

Third, it is possible the listing is out of date, and the tone/frequency info is wrong or the repeater no longer exists. The listings are mostly dependent on repeater owners maintaining their listing (or removing, if warranted), and unfortunately a few don't bother.