Radioddity GM-30 Programming: Assigning Existing Channels to higher Channel Numbers

oldjarhead

Question

Hi, all,

I have 2 GM-30 radios that were purchased last week.  They appear to have all of the latest updates.

I'm trying to program my radios so that Channel 32 is Channel 16 (462.5750), with a name of "Home 1";   Channel 33 is Channel 8 (467.5625), with a name of "Low Power";    and Channel 34 is Channel 24 (RPT 16) (462.5750 - 467.5750), with a name of "Home RPT).    I want them all together so it's easy to switch from one to the other.

The PC software won't allow any frequencies other than repeater freq's to be used in the channel 32-35 .  Is there any way around this?

Any suggestions to accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

Version 2.06 will not allow you to do what you want:

It only allows the GMRS Channels to be consecutively in order, Channels 1-22, then Repeater only channels from Channels, 23-54; and then receive only frequencies thereafter.

I will continue thinking about this problem, after I run out to pickup my Grandson from school, who has my GM-30 clone, Pofung P15UV and which I updated with Radioddity GM-30 firmware and use v2.06 to program.

GM-30.jpg

4 hours ago, oldjarhead said:

I want them all together so it's easy to switch from one to the other.

The PC software won't allow any frequencies other than repeater freq's to be used in the channel 32-35 .  Is there any way around this?

That is, unfortunately, a limitation of many (all?) modern Part 95E GMRS handhelds. The number of programmable slots is very low and cannot be expanded, slots cannot be reordered. Commercial Part 90 radios and older Part 95 radios generally do not have such limitations. You may have 100-500 slots and can program and name them any way you want.

I appreciate the answers.

What I've ended up doing is just renaming the channels with the software.  Even though they aren't close together, it's better than nothing.

FYI:  I also bought 2 Wouxun KG-805g's.  They allow me to do what I want to do, i.e. program them the way I noted above with the Wouxun PC software.

Thanks again!