Alaska GMRS Users or Networks

It looks like the myGMRS node 177 "formalized" and separated itself from the mid-west 169 node.  A fair amount of nodes and repeaters popped up in the PacNW. They hold a simple check in net every 2 weeks on Tuesdays at 6PM Alaska Time.  They call for people to check in state by state including Alaska. They usually just ask for your Callsign, first name and what you are talking on (IE a handheld with 5 watts or a mobile radio with 15 watts etc).  At the end they open it up to general convo but usually there is none.

I make every attempt to connect into this net using the EagleRiver 575 repeater. The last one was 11-15-2022 and the next will be 11-29-2022. 

Here is the audio from 11-15-2022 when there were only a few people. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19nlg_xlVQhvwjVHga7N08XYHHke9oseb/view?usp=share_link

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Just updated our Alaska Club page with all the available repeaters in the state that I know of. If something else needs to be added or I missed something or any other tips and info I should post let me know. If you haven't joined our club yet please feel free to swing by and join it is open for all. Thanks!

On 1/2/2023 at 3:28 PM, dogfarts2021 said:

Also update there is a new repeater listed in Palmer and one open net in Fairbanks. 

Hey, have you gone out to Palmer yet and try that repeater? I asked creator for access, but I got no response. Also, let me know what I can do to help you out on that build you got going, if I can do anything I don't mind to help you since we live about 5 miles from each other lol. I need nothing in return.

On 11/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, WRFP399 said:

It looks like the myGMRS node 177 "formalized" and separated itself from the mid-west 169 node.  A fair amount of nodes and repeaters popped up in the PacNW. They hold a simple check in net every 2 weeks on Tuesdays at 6PM Alaska Time.  They call for people to check in state by state including Alaska. They usually just ask for your Callsign, first name and what you are talking on (IE a handheld with 5 watts or a mobile radio with 15 watts etc).  At the end they open it up to general convo but usually there is none.

I make every attempt to connect into this net using the EagleRiver 575 repeater. The last one was 11-15-2022 and the next will be 11-29-2022. 

Here is the audio from 11-15-2022 when there were only a few people. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19nlg_xlVQhvwjVHga7N08XYHHke9oseb/view?usp=share_link

Thanks for the info update. Please let me know when next one is I will try to make a point to having to get out there and jump on it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 10:36 PM, WRTT642 said:

Thanks for the info update. Please let me know when next one is I will try to make a point to having to get out there and jump on it.

I think I will try to connect into the 177 about mid or late February. Need the additional solar hours to recover the battery. The repeater has been popping on and off line as the battery is low.  At least this year I can say it has been reliably coming back on-line. All prior years it went down and never came back up.

• 1 month later...