Radioddity DB20-G Microphone jack

W7WMBAE

Question

Want to design a custom interface to the DB20-G through the mic jack.  Unless I'm missing it, there is no schematic to the microphone although I've seen several RJ-45 (8P8C) pinouts that I have not been able to prove.  I know a DB20-G is very similar to Anytone AT-778UV. Appears to be no schematics/maintenance manuals for either radio.  Anyone have any leads or links to the docs?

Thanks.

Bill

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, W7WMBAE said:

Want to design a custom interface to the DB20-G through the mic jack.  Unless I'm missing it, there is no schematic to the microphone although I've seen several RJ-45 (8P8C) pinouts that I have not been able to prove.  I know a DB20-G is very similar to Anytone AT-778UV. Appears to be no schematics/maintenance manuals for either radio.  Anyone have any leads or links to the docs?

Thanks.

Bill

The DB20-G is identical to the Anytone AT-779UV. Unfortunately, the AT-779UV and AT-778UV are quite different, and do not share the same microphone pinout. Any information you find for the AT-778UV isn't likely to be helpful.

You might be in luck, however, as I did find this information on building a programming cable for the AT-779UV (aka DB20-G):

https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgrCableAT779.php

I don't know if that will provide the info you need, but it could at least get you headed in the right direction.

1 hour ago, WyoJoe said:

You might be in luck, however, as I did find this information on building a programming cable for the AT-779UV (aka DB20-G):

That should be exactly the information that the OP needs.

7 hours ago, W7WMBAE said:

Want to design a custom interface to the DB20-G through the mic jack. 

As a Anytone AT-779UV owner, tell us more about what you hope to do with your interface?

On 12/30/2021 at 9:37 AM, WyoJoe said:

The DB20-G is identical to the Anytone AT-779UV. Unfortunately, the AT-779UV and AT-778UV are quite different, and do not share the same microphone pinout. Any information you find for the AT-778UV isn't likely to be helpful.

I don't know if that will provide the info you need, but it could at least get you headed in the right direction.

Thank you for sharing this. May come in handy should I want to connect to my own Radioddity DB20-G radio via the microphone connector. This was a recent purchase for me, as I prefer to re-use commercial radios for GMRs use, but bought a new car and the only thing that seemed to fit the dash storage space was a DB20-G dual band radio. Having used some other cheaper radios, I had programming cables for handheld radios like the GM-30 and Anytone AT-D878UV but not for the mobile. Luckily, mine shipped with a programming cable,but I always tend to tinker, so having this pinout, and knowing that it compares to the AT-779UV helps. 

3 hours ago, donniefitz2 said:

@PACNWCommsI would love to hear if you manage to get a different mic working with the DB20-G. I have one and love it, but would really like to use an old Kenwood mic instead if possible. 

I do not plan to do this, as I have functional microphones for both my Kenwood radios and DB20-G mobile. The pinout for each is very different, but probably easy for someone that wants to do it themselves, making a small interface box or adapter for the RJ45 connector. Many threads seem to start with the need for information, but lack the reasoning or need for a specific use case. I am not even sure what the original poster is trying to do with their "interface" to their DB20-G radio.