Jump to content
  • 0

Radioddity DB20-G Microphone jack


W7WMBAE
 Share

Question

Want to design a custom interface to the DB20-G through the mic jack.  Unless I'm missing it, there is no schematic to the microphone although I've seen several RJ-45 (8P8C) pinouts that I have not been able to prove.  I know a DB20-G is very similar to Anytone AT-778UV. Appears to be no schematics/maintenance manuals for either radio.  Anyone have any leads or links to the docs?

Thanks.

Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
5 hours ago, W7WMBAE said:

Want to design a custom interface to the DB20-G through the mic jack.  Unless I'm missing it, there is no schematic to the microphone although I've seen several RJ-45 (8P8C) pinouts that I have not been able to prove.  I know a DB20-G is very similar to Anytone AT-778UV. Appears to be no schematics/maintenance manuals for either radio.  Anyone have any leads or links to the docs?

Thanks.

Bill

The DB20-G is identical to the Anytone AT-779UV. Unfortunately, the AT-779UV and AT-778UV are quite different, and do not share the same microphone pinout. Any information you find for the AT-778UV isn't likely to be helpful.

You might be in luck, however, as I did find this information on building a programming cable for the AT-779UV (aka DB20-G):

https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgrCableAT779.php

I don't know if that will provide the info you need, but it could at least get you headed in the right direction.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, WyoJoe said:

You might be in luck, however, as I did find this information on building a programming cable for the AT-779UV (aka DB20-G):

https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgrCableAT779.php

That should be exactly the information that the OP needs.

7 hours ago, W7WMBAE said:

Want to design a custom interface to the DB20-G through the mic jack. 

As a Anytone AT-779UV owner, tell us more about what you hope to do with your interface?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 12/30/2021 at 9:37 AM, WyoJoe said:

The DB20-G is identical to the Anytone AT-779UV. Unfortunately, the AT-779UV and AT-778UV are quite different, and do not share the same microphone pinout. Any information you find for the AT-778UV isn't likely to be helpful.

You might be in luck, however, as I did find this information on building a programming cable for the AT-779UV (aka DB20-G):

https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgrCableAT779.php

I don't know if that will provide the info you need, but it could at least get you headed in the right direction.

 

Thank you for sharing this. May come in handy should I want to connect to my own Radioddity DB20-G radio via the microphone connector. This was a recent purchase for me, as I prefer to re-use commercial radios for GMRs use, but bought a new car and the only thing that seemed to fit the dash storage space was a DB20-G dual band radio. Having used some other cheaper radios, I had programming cables for handheld radios like the GM-30 and Anytone AT-D878UV but not for the mobile. Luckily, mine shipped with a programming cable,but I always tend to tinker, so having this pinout, and knowing that it compares to the AT-779UV helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, donniefitz2 said:

@PACNWCommsI would love to hear if you manage to get a different mic working with the DB20-G. I have one and love it, but would really like to use an old Kenwood mic instead if possible. 

I do not plan to do this, as I have functional microphones for both my Kenwood radios and DB20-G mobile. The pinout for each is very different, but probably easy for someone that wants to do it themselves, making a small interface box or adapter for the RJ45 connector. Many threads seem to start with the need for information, but lack the reasoning or need for a specific use case. I am not even sure what the original poster is trying to do with their "interface" to their DB20-G radio. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines.