Data Read issue with Wouxun KE-1000G

mhauss

Question

I have a Wouxun KE-1000G that bought brand new.  I'm using it in my house with a constant voltage power supply.  I accidentally bumped the power supply and sent way too much voltage to the radio.  Now, the radio will only load channels if it is turned on and off by external means; if the power button is used on the radio, it won't load channels when turned back on again.  The radio works fine otherwise.

• Have I ruined my radio?
  • Is there a way to reset the radio?
  • Do I need to reprogram the radio?

What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Mike

WRNE562

2 answers to this question

As per the user-manual Page 67, Menu option #47 will do a factory reset - If that doesn't fix it up, it's probably borked.

If you did bork it, I dont think BuyTwoWayRaidios.com will cover a user-generated problem like that, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask what they can do.

1 hour ago, OffRoaderX said:

As per the user-manual Page 67, Menu option #47 will do a factory reset - If that doesn't fix it up, it's probably borked.

If you did bork it, I dont think BuyTwoWayRaidios.com will cover a user-generated problem like that, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask what they can do.

Thank you; Thank you; Thank you!

I've been waiting since 2002 for someone of your stature to reclaim and come up with a much more legitimate use of that word! ?