Kg935

Guest Wroz538

10 hours ago, Guest Wroz538 said:

When keying up on channel 15-22 I get a alarming sound and it won’t let me transmit 

Is it possible that you are concurrently pushing a button on the front of your WOUXUN KG-935G, while pushing the push-to-talk button?

5CDE25AA-BB22-4EB5-B277-3F13513CB8CC.jpeg

When keying up on channel 15-22 I get a alarming sound and it won’t let me transmit 

That alarming sound is an indication that the radio is programmed to either not transmit on those channels, or that it is has been programmed to transmit on a frequency that is not an actual GMRS frequency.

The 935G will transmit only one 1 of the 30 GMRS frequencies, and at no more than FCC allowed power. Any attempt to transmit on other than these frequencies will result in this load annoying tone.

If the radio is brand new, reset to factory defaults and try again.
If you have programmed the radio yourself using external software, double check the values that are present in the transmit frequency column. If the value is empty, then there is your issue. If the frequency is not a valid GMRS frequency, then there is your issue.

If you would like to see what the offending frequency is without hooking up the radio to the computer and using software, do this:
- Turn your radio on.
- Set your radio to one of the offending channels.
- Press the MODE button multiple times until your display shows a channel number in the upper right corner of the active area of the display (e.g. ‘CH-017’) and it also displays a frequency (e.g. ‘462.6000’). This mode is called ‘CH-FREQ’ or ‘Channel Frequency’ mode, which can also be set directly using function 36 on your radio.
- Press and hold the PTT button. While the PTT button is pressed in CH-FREQ mode, the actual frequency the radio is programmed to use for the active channel will appear on the display.

If no frequency is listed, or the frequency listed is not a valid GMRS frequency, no transmission will actually occur and that annoying tone will be heard.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM