So239 connector

WRPF281

I am new to gmrs and the information about the Wouxun 20 Watt says the connector is a SO239. Am I going to have to buy an Adaptor to fit a magnetic antenna?

It's 28 degrees in Michigan right now, so I am going to find a magnetic base mobile antenna to put on a two drawer metal cabinet in front of my second story window.

Does anyone know of a good mobile antenna that will receive the Ham 2meter and 70cm along with gmrs frequencies?

Nope. So239 is the female side of the standard uhf connector; most mag mounts will come with the male side, aka PL259 (think SOcket and PLug).

(Double check the connector listed if you're buying from a source that covers other radio gear as well, as there are a few other possible connectors. However PL259 are pretty common, to mate with the SO239 found on most mobile radios.

Edit: On antenna, that's pretty much what the comet ca2xr sr is made for...available for nmo and uhf mounts. Only downside is the length at near 40".