Q about kg935g

ABTOCMEPTb

Question

I am not very savvy with tech radio terminology so bear with me, please

At work we got motorola radios. I am on channel B-3. Lets say, Channel B-2 calls me and I got like 4-5 seconds to respond to this channel before it will switch back to my B-3 channel. If I missed that window I will have to manually switch to B-2 to talk to them.

My question what does that function called and do I have that option on kg935g?

Thank you!

7 answers to this question

Likely you are referring to priority scan - radio will scan, or while another channel will continue to "monitor" your priority (user selectable freq or channel) selection.  Some radios call it dual watch, and depending of whether your kit has true dual VFOs or does some fancy fast switching in the background it generally works well.

I believe the 935g has Priority Scan along will all the other advanced bells and whistles.  

That sounds like the radio is scanning, and it gives you 4-5 seconds to respond before scanning resumes.  So on the 935G you would enable scanning and set the scan mode to "SE" in Menu option 15) .

You can optionally select a priority channel as WRPD494 mentioned.  With Menu options 18 and 19.

2 hours ago, ABTOCMEPTb said:

I just referred to 935g manual and its actually TO mode.

When signal  detected,Scan will pause to wait for further activity and will resume if no operation carried out in 5 sec.

Thank you so much!

Sorry - I thought you wanted to be able to PTT to talk back? In that case, SE is better?  Either way, use what works for you and enjoy the radio - The 935G is my favorite GMRS HT.

6 hours ago, ABTOCMEPTb said:

I am not very savvy with tech radio terminology so bear with me, please

At work we got motorola radios. I am on channel B-3. Lets say, Channel B-2 calls me and I got like 4-5 seconds to respond to this channel before it will switch back to my B-3 channel. If I missed that window I will have to manually switch to B-2 to talk to them.

My question what does that function called and do I have that option on kg935g?

Thank you!

We referred to that as "Talk Back Scan' (at Motorola).  The KG-935 (and other radios) has a function similar to that as well as the dual monitoring (listen to two channels at once) which I am not a fan of (personally)

However, the a radio channel and/or scan list can typically have defined a priority channel as well as how to deal with a non-selected channel receives a call.

Honestly, without the radio in front of me, I could not tell you how to do it, but I know mine is setup to do something similar to 'talk back scan'.

I also don't recall the manual going into much depth on the function.  I came across it while playing with the programming software.

?