Retevis RT97 Station ID

WRPS326

Question

Hello, has anyone successfully figured out how to add station ID to the Retevis RT97? I have heard of people using the ‘ID-O-Matic’ and ComSpec ID-8 on other systems, but have yet to find anyone who has added it to the RT97. Does anyone have any guides on how to add station ID through these devices or similar? Thank you in advance.

6 answers to this question

15 hours ago, WRPS326 said:

Hello, has anyone successfully figured out how to add station ID to the Retevis RT97? I have heard of people using the ‘ID-O-Matic’ and ComSpec ID-8 on other systems, but have yet to find anyone who has added it to the RT97. Does anyone have any guides on how to add station ID through these devices or similar? Thank you in advance.

If you get the one they sell here you can add in the Raspberry Pii myGMRS noise which appears to have the function of adding voice or Morse ID.

I have thought about using a "remote base" radio to ID to my RT97 every 15 minutes when in use but I just have not bothered with it.

12 hours ago, WRFP399 said:

If you get the one they sell here you can add in the Raspberry Pii myGMRS noise which appears to have the function of adding voice or Morse ID.

I have thought about using a "remote base" radio to ID to my RT97 every 15 minutes when in use but I just have not bothered with it.

Do you have a model number for the repeater?

On 3/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, WRPS326 said:

What I did was set up a cw wav file of callsign and then set up task manager in my computer to play it every hour (or whatever time frame you choose) and the headphone out from computer goes to mic input on a cheap baofeng on low pwr, VOX turned on and set to repeater rx frequency. For me was 467.550 pl 136.5. Seems to be working just fine

I just built an Android app for this: https://github.com/nathanchilton/remote-identifier

With the app running on an old Android phone, connected to a BTECH GMRS-V1 using a BTECH APRS-K1 cable, it listens for traffic.  If it hears any sound (via the HT) after the last time it has identified, it will use speech-to-text to transmit an identification through the HT, which then is also transmitted via the repeater.  It is a bit of a hack, but it means that the device just needs to be within range of the repeater for this to work (no direct interface to the repeater is needed).  It isn't as good as a real controller, but I think it's better than nothing.