Wouxun kg1000g questions? advice? on scanning.

frankinshine

Question

I am very new to GMRS and i just bought a kg1000g.   i used to be a CB'er when i was younger. i have 'nt had any radio in quite a few years until i got interested in GMRS.

when i bought the radio it scanned all thirty channels, the last eight were listed as repeaters.

i dn't know what i did but now it only scans 22 channels.

is there a setting for scanning repeaters?  i went through the whole book and couldn't figure out what i changed?

any suggestions?

thanks

frankinshine

4 answers to this question

You can add scan Yes or No in the software for any channel as you add them (repeaters for example). I am going to turn off channels 8 through 14 as they are listen only and mostly kids playing with hand held radios in my area. There is a thread on here about creating scan groups which is covered in the manual but so far I do not need that so I can not comment! Try the following in technical forum  Wouxon KG-1000G Scan Groups - How to Activate. Good luck Mike

I am very new to GMRS and i just bought a kg1000g.   i used to be a CB'er when i was younger. i have 'nt had any radio in quite a few years until i got interested in GMRS.

when i bought the radio it scanned all thirty channels, the last eight were listed as repeaters.

i dn't know what i did but now it only scans 22 channels.

is there a setting for scanning repeaters?  i went through the whole book and couldn't figure out what i changed?

any suggestions?

thanks

frankinshine

There are a couple of settings on the radio that can affect what channels are actually scanned when you initiate a scan operation.

The first one is the ‘SC-Group’ setting (function menu #43). Within this menu, there are 10 ranges of channels you can select for scanning. These ranges are always selectable for use from the radio but are configured via the software only.

The second is the ‘SCAN-ADD’ setting (function menu #33). This is a channel-specific setting that determines if that particular channel is scanned. If value is ON, then the channel will be scanned, if it is OFF, then the channel will not be scanned.

It should be noted that a channel will only be scanned when the channel is within the range of channels included in the active SC-Group’ setting and the channel’s SCAN-ADD setting is ON’.

If the radio did in-fact scan all 30 at one time, but now only scans 20, then it is likely that either the current SC-Group setting has changed and/or the SCAN-ADD settings for some of the channels has changed.

You will find further information in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM