Profile picture

WRMN374

23 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Just upload it as if it’s a new picture.  

I've tried that. I just want it to go back to my call sign. So you're a retired P.E.? That's funny, I'm an old draftsman. Became a dinosaur with the invention of 3D modeling and Solidedge. I useta be able to create beautiful isometrics. I just needed to use crayons to match the effects of solidedge.

10 hours ago, WRMN374 said:

I've tried that. I just want it to go back to my call sign. So you're a retired P.E.? That's funny, I'm an old draftsman. Became a dinosaur with the invention of 3D modeling and Solidedge. I useta be able to create beautiful isometrics. I just needed to use crayons to match the effects of solidedge.

It’s amazing how drafting has evolved.  Our drafters were asked to do everything from mechanical drawings to mapping, to pc board layouts because they were the first ones to adopt the necessary technologies. 

Looks like wayoverthere gave you a better answer than I did. Hope it helps.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:41 AM, wayoverthere said:

if you go to your profile, and hit the icon on your profile photo, there IS a 'remove photo' option there. have you tried selecting that, and then hitting the 'continue' button?

I went to the profile page under forums, and I clicked on the no photo icon. That didn't work. I don't have a picture under forums. I want to change the picture back to my call sign on the main profile page on mygmrs.com

29 minutes ago, WRMN374 said:

I went to the profile page under forums, and I clicked on the no photo icon. That didn't work. I don't have a picture under forums. I want to change the picture back to my call sign on the main profile page on mygmrs.com

Can you refer us to someone’s profile that looks like you want?  All I have ever seen is a colored circle with the first initial of the user name in it for someone without a profile picture.  Your login name appears above it, which is your call sign in your case.  Now if you really want a picture of your call sign in that circle, you’ll probably have to create an image file and choose that for your profile picture.

1 hour ago, WRMN374 said:

Gotcha....the profiles between the forums and the main page don't quite connect, though when the forum took place we did at least have the logins merged. The forum profile does offer removing the picture, but it doesn't seem to carry over to the main pahe, and the main page doesn't have the "remove" option, or a "hide my user photo" option either.

Barring some assistance from @rdunajewski , the easiest option may be to just mock up what you want in your image editing program of choice (or paint) and upload that in place of what's there.

(I'll note that I have completely different profile pics between the two, which didn't seem to merge with the logins.)

@wayoverthere - great job.  I couldn’t figure it out since I mostly spend time here on the forum.  I went out to http://www.mygmrs.com and sure enough my profile pic there is my callsign.  I didn’t realize that the profile pics are completely different between the www site and the forums.mygmrs.com.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

Gotcha....the profiles between the forums and the main page don't quite connect, though when the forum took place we did at least have the logins merged. The forum profile does offer removing the picture, but it doesn't seem to carry over to the main pahe, and the main page doesn't have the "remove" option, or a "hide my user photo" option either.

Barring some assistance from @rdunajewski , the easiest option may be to just mock up what you want in your image editing program of choice (or paint) and upload that in place of what's there.

(I'll note that I have completely different profile pics between the two, which didn't seem to merge with the logins.)

I'm not very good at paint. Never really used it.

21 hours ago, WRMN374 said:

I'm not very good at paint. Never really used it.

Went to see about throwing something together for you to approximate the blank/callsign only user photo (since i'm home again with access to a computer), but it looks like either you beat me to it, or @rdunajewski got it handled (if so, thanks Rich!)

Below is what I saw just now when viewing your profile in the main site:

profilewrmn374.jpg

On 4/16/2022 at 3:30 PM, wayoverthere said:

Went to see about throwing something together for you to approximate the blank/callsign only user photo (since i'm home again with access to a computer), but it looks like either you beat me to it, or @rdunajewski got it handled (if so, thanks Rich!)

Below is what I saw just now when viewing your profile in the main site:

profilewrmn374.jpg

I tried to make something off paint. It wasn't the greatest of jobs. If yours is better please let me know.

2 hours ago, WRMN374 said:

I tried to make something off paint. It wasn't the greatest of jobs. If yours is better please let me know.

it was close enough that i thought it'd been reset.

here's my quick attempt...i kind of cheated and looked at the page source to get a close font (Roboto), and grabbed a screenshot from another profile to match the background color, square size (200x200 px) and font sizing.  feel free to use it if you'd like.

wrmn374.jpg

11 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

it was close enough that i thought it'd been reset.

here's my quick attempt...i kind of cheated and looked at the page source to get a close font (Roboto), and grabbed a screenshot from another profile to match the background color, square size (200x200 px) and font sizing.  feel free to use it if you'd like.

wrmn374.jpg

Yes, thank you. That was my issue I didn't know font, and trimming down pixels on paint was tedious.