NW Montana GMRS

I've been a HAM for a few months and I'm bored. I was a ham about 25 years ago and had the same concerns then.

Anyhow, the more I explore GMRS the more I am interested. I just added my GMRS license.

I've got a large UHF / VHF antenna and scan various frequencies, mostly GMRS / FRS, but I also scan EMS and the local HAM repeaters.

I'm in NW Montana (in the woods) and I hear lots of nationwide traffic on 462.600. The repeater identifies as WRHS264, but the only call sign I find is WRSH264 out of Kalispell.  That seems too far away for me to hear their signal so clearly. I can't find it on any repeater reference website.

I also hear CW repeater identification on 462.650, 462.725, & 462.6375. I don't see them listed anywhere either.

I'm interested in joining the net on 462.600 -- but I doubt my 25 watts will hit that repeater (if it's in Kalispell) and I don't know the tones for the other repeaters. I don't hear any traffic on them, anyway

Interested in GMRS. I would like to learn more about Simplex Nodes, Repeaters, and the local GMRS community.

Anyone else in NW Montana on GMRS?

-F350

1 hour ago, F350 said:

I've been a HAM for a few months and I'm bored. I was a ham about 25 years ago and had the same concerns then.

Anyhow, the more I explore GMRS the more I am interested. I just added my GMRS license.

I've got a large UHF / VHF antenna and scan various frequencies, mostly GMRS / FRS, but I also scan EMS and the local HAM repeaters.

I'm in NW Montana (in the woods) and I hear lots of nationwide traffic on 462.600. The repeater identifies as WRHS264, but the only call sign I find is WRSH264 out of Kalispell.  That seems too far away for me to hear their signal so clearly. I can't find it on any repeater reference website.

I also hear CW repeater identification on 462.650, 462.725, & 462.6375. I don't see them listed anywhere either.

I'm interested in joining the net on 462.600 -- but I doubt my 25 watts will hit that repeater (if it's in Kalispell) and I don't know the tones for the other repeaters. I don't hear any traffic on them, anyway

Interested in GMRS. I would like to learn more about Simplex Nodes, Repeaters, and the local GMRS community.

Anyone else in NW Montana on GMRS?

-F350

I’m in Butte, so SW Montana, but as far as ham radio there’s a DMR repeater on 70 cm in Eureka. I assume you’re in that area, maybe Troy or Libby.  It’s networked to the Brandmeister network so you can literally talk to people all over the world.

https://www.dmr-montana.net/radio-site-data/eureka-dmr.html

Ham radio is much more active than gmrs in Montana although Billings now has gmrs repeaters. 

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...