Midland MXT575 Drops Next Week.

WRFE959

I run the 275 in both of my Jeeps. I used Shielded CAT6 jumpers personally between the radio and the control head. They work great for my purpose. 90% of the GMRS use in my Jeeps are jeep to jeep simplex stuff. On the rare occasion I use my repeater they work fine at 15 watts. My repeaters are narrowband and I have no issues with them and the 275. 

I had thought about the 575 when they said it was programmable, but when it was released with no programming didn't think it was worth swapping out just for a bit more power. 

1 hour ago, gortex2 said:

I run the 275 in both of my Jeeps. I used Shielded CAT6 jumpers personally between the radio and the control head. They work great for my purpose. 90% of the GMRS use in my Jeeps are jeep to jeep simplex stuff. On the rare occasion I use my repeater they work fine at 15 watts. My repeaters are narrowband and I have no issues with them and the 275. 

I had thought about the 575 when they said it was programmable, but when it was released with no programming didn't think it was worth swapping out just for a bit more power. 

Found something perfect for a RJ45/CAT-6 extension on Amazon. It's for a Yaesu rig, but I assume it would work with the Midland. I like the fact that it has a bulkhead flange on the mic cable end.

https://www.amazon.com/FYL-Microphone-Extension-Modular-Kenwood/dp/B09FTJ84DG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=32L6HJH0PLQN3&keywords=rj45+microphone+extension+cable&qid=1677612801&sprefix=%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-4

I picked up this one. By filing down the sides it fits perfectly into an empty switch blank in my 4Runner. Mic / control head plugs right into the dash and looks factory.

CERRXIAN RJ45 Male to Female LAN... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRZAN3R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

dc3368fdaee44e088b249c9f80509c86.jpg
7c1a296f7f418eca63ee17f06b7d894c.jpg

Using a ProClip console phone mount, angled wedge, and MagneticMic holder.

ca93a1d34261b7eca553cad97495fc11.jpg

Here’s a shot of the dual NMO antennas; one for the Midland and one for the Wilson WeBoost. Both head units mounted under driver & passenger seats. Both work great!

0a53b7bd6a6950bb960108faf3aeebba.jpg

Controlled power for both through the SwitchPro. Top left is the Wilson, bottom left the Midland.

35dce2925e5c573e0317bee54f472ad7.jpg

Semi-related, but the other coiled cord visible in a prior photo is for the phone. Here’s my DIY dash mount for iPhone.

99e11808f607ee99f161c65364e843ff.jpg

9f41c0c58b78b57807514b176fe1489b.jpg

…….and a random glamour shot in its element. In this photo I was trying a Wilson whip antenna, but it broke (and didn’t work too well anyway).

5cf5fa16b9b158b5695fffc3fb248735.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 7/3/2023 at 5:36 PM, Pachlaj said:

Little disappointed here.   Radio 575 arrived yesterday.  Wired it up and two different meters showed output at 36 watts on upper channnels and 2.3 volts on the lower ones.     A replacement is on the way.  I hope this was just a fluke  

What are you testing into, and what are you using for a meter?  If you're using anything but a 50Ω dummy load for testing I wouldn't trust the output numbers.  Also, need to make sure you have a good power source (like @gortex2 said).  A continuous 13.8VDC is needed, and for a 50w transceiver it should be a constant 12-15A for the draw (the more the better).

If you're using an inline meter while sitting in your vehicle and using an antenna, you're not going to get accurate power readings.