MDC signalling on GMRS.

WROZ250

I don't have much reason to actually ask for general access. My home is just outside the current effective range of the repeater, so the only time I could make use is when going in for chemo sessions (four+ hours in a building with poor reception) followed by specialty shopping. Nearest "immediate family" is down the block from me -- and I really wouldn't trust my brother with even my cheapest HT (the nieces are some 30&60 miles south of GR, so way out of "immediate family" control range).

For those events where I needed a driver, using HTs on simplex to advise when I was leaving the hospital and ready to be picked up is sufficient (driver is usually my brother's wife).

18 minutes ago, KAF6045 said:

I don't have much reason to actually ask for general access. My home is just outside the current effective range of the repeater, so the only time I could make use is when going in for chemo sessions (four+ hours in a building with poor reception) followed by specialty shopping. Nearest "immediate family" is down the block from me -- and I really wouldn't trust my brother with even my cheapest HT (the nieces are some 30&60 miles south of GR, so way out of "immediate family" control range).

For those events where I needed a driver, using HTs on simplex to advise when I was leaving the hospital and ready to be picked up is sufficient (driver is usually my brother's wife).

I wish you the best results possible with your chemo.

7 hours ago, Sshannon said:

I wish you the best results possible with your chemo.

I've already gone a year past when the oncologists would have estimated when the cancer was first discovered... Though it does seem to be migrating to lymph nodes... so who knows where treatment goes next...

I do need to get off the Internet and inventory my crud in preparation of having a will made (I'm aiming for a trust -- especially with all the firearms, followed by all the musical instruments -- one may not care about what happens to a $350 flat-top mandolin, but a $2400 Taylor NS-72 is a different matter, along with all the radio gear [which is why I gave my nieces the Tech study guides, and as incentive Yaesu starter HTs]).