Timeline to get your call sign

Guest Jason

Guest Jason

I paid for the license a week ago, haven’t heard anything. I know we’re dealing with government agencies, but does anyone know the current wait time for a reply?

thanks in advance 

19 minutes ago, Guest Jason said:

I paid for the license a week ago, haven’t heard anything. I know we’re dealing with government agencies, but does anyone know the current wait time for a reply?

thanks in advance 

It’s usually within a day or so.  The FCC system had a problem with amateur radio licenses but that has supposedly been fixed.  I recommend you log into you account and look to see.  It’s possible your email was bounced somewhere along the way.

Guest WRQW308

Just got my license.  Took less than three days start to finish.  Make sure that you go to CORES and pay your bill if you haven't done so already.

Good luck.

Terry - WRQW803

On 5/14/2022 at 4:56 PM, Guest Jason said:

thanks in advance 

One other thought.  Check status in the FCC ULS.  Perhaps they have your email address wrong or the authorization email somehow got sent to your spam/trash folder.  ULS will show if the license was granted.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason, did you confirm your FRN number on the FCC website? Did you get a FRN number? I paid for mine on Saturday, Monday I had mine. Should be a day or so. You can also call the FCC , they will give you a status. I got all excited about having getting my Lic number.. still cant make an account here and cant talk on my new radio. Waiting....

11 hours ago, WRQH833 said:

Just search the ULS website for ZA licenses using your name.  I originally found mine online before I found the email buried in my inbox.

Eric

You can do that but it’s much easier to just log in using your FRN and look at the list of licenses issued to you. It’ll show up there immediately.