Dayton linked repeater

WRKC935

So what happened with the Dayton Hamfest Linked repeater???

I saw it pop up and was gonna setup for it but them it disappeared and never returned.  Was hoping to use it Friday and Saturday.

I have a GR1225 on UHF with the internal duplexer, but I haven't looked at the programming to see if I can set it up as a base station so it will work with a CM108 interface correctly.

I have a BUNCH of those interfaces that were bought for ham radio packet interfaces.  Got like 50 of them in a bulk purchase.  They need some heavy modification to be used, but it's the same modification needed to connect them to a single radio for use as a packet node. 

I may just set that up in the GR repeater and set it on a pair for a mobile node on a mag mount.  It's not like it would need much more to cover the hamfest grounds.  And could be used for other events to just stand up a temp repeater.  Run the link through the data plan on the phone or something.

Thoughts on this?  And a specific question.  Once it's established as a node, how often does the system need to see it before the ID gets reassigned or removed from the system and can something like that be marked as being for that purpose so it could have a perm ID but not be on all the time.

If I get this together, I wouldn't have a problem sharing it either.  If someone needed it and would cover the shipping it could be loaned out to folks I know on here.

I too could not hear anything on the 600...

The Southwest Ohio GMRS Association is planning to have a booth there next year. Our plan is to have a repeater on the air as well as connected to our Asterisk system which will be operational sometime late this summer. If needed we can cross link into the mygmrs network as long as radio traffic from other states doesn't take precedence over the repeater beings used for Hamfest. We were hoping to have a presence this year but were awaiting some final details as we just became a 502c3 organization as well.