Programmed from computer

WRJQ927

Question

And now what? Once I pulled the cord out all I see on the screen is A side: 430.12500 B side: 144.12500.  Nothing I do seems to get back to the regular screen. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  I don't want to make things worse by changing any settings.

kg1000 broken.jpg

3 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, WRJQ927 said:

And now what? Once I pulled the cord out all I see on the screen is A side: 430.12500 B side: 144.12500.  Nothing I do seems to get back to the regular screen. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  I don't want to make things worse by changing any settings.

kg1000 broken.jpg

Looks like it started up in VFO (frequency scanning) mode rather than memory channels.

Look for a "vfo/Mr" button, either on the mic or faceplate (don't have one to look myself, going off of https://www.buytwowayradios.com/blog/2021/01/wouxun-kg-1000g-programming-and-menu-options.html ) to switch modes.

Thank you. That helped me get pointed in the right direction. After some digging around I found that the #6 button switches it back to channel mode - sort of.  It still doesn't look the same as it did, but it sort of still works. I should never have used the software to change the settings.  By the way, when using the software it made my monitor all blurry.  For anyone else who comes across this look at this:

When you press the VFO/MR (6) button it cycles through a few modes (frequency, Channel Mode (CM) Channel number displayed, CM channel RX frequency displayed, and CM channel name displayed). Just press that button until it cycles to your desired mode.