Repeater where are you

mitzvah

Every weekend I try to hit 6 different repeater in my area with no luck. Today after putting a antenna adapter on my 905G I hit a repeater (2 repeaters and one live person contact) since getting into GMRS. After getting home I checked out this sites map and It seems that 5 repeaters that I have permission to use are well not there anymore. One repeater I know is to far away, it is kind of a bunch list item. But who are the folks I hear on channel 27 /  RPT 19? Spill over onto GMRS channel 19

In a linear channel numbering scheme with the repeater (duplex) channels following the simplex channels, the repeater channels would be filling slots 23-30.

15 23
16 24
17 25
18 26
19 27
20 28
21 29
22 30

Your RPT 19 and "plain" 19 are the same channel. The receive frequency is the SAME whether one is operating simplex or duplex. Only the transmit frequency changes when in duplex. There is no "spill-over" -- if you don't have CTCSS active ANY signal on frequency 462.650 will be heard. On anything but modern brain-dead GMRS there is no separation of repeater vs simplex into separate "channels". Those radios will display a "+" to indicate a positive transmit offset (GMRS uses +5.0MHz offset for repeaters -- other services may support some with a "-" offset). Pushing a button can turn off the offset to make the channel operate as simplex (on DMR radios, it is a menu operation typically called "talk around" as using it means one is "talking around" the repeater).