Wiring Microphone to 16 Pin (Motorola) Connector

WRFP399

Question

I am installing a Motorola CM300 in a side by side UTV. The radio is mounted up on the underside of the roof but I want to mount the microphone down on the dash. I have found a water proof RJ45 bulkhead port that I can install on the dash so all I need to do is run some CAT5/6 cable from the radio to the port. Easiest option would be connect it right into the front of the radio at the RJ45 port on the front. I would prefer a cleaner install and I am wondering if anyone had any experience in using the 16 Pin connector on the rear of the radio? If I wired in the microphone there that would be my preferred option.

download.png

2 answers to this question

13 hours ago, WRFP399 said:

I am installing a Motorola CM300 in a side by side UTV. The radio is mounted up on the underside of the roof but I want to mount the microphone down on the dash. I have found a water proof RJ45 bulkhead port that I can install on the dash so all I need to do is run some CAT5/6 cable from the radio to the port. Easiest option would be connect it right into the front of the radio at the RJ45 port on the front. I would prefer a cleaner install and I am wondering if anyone had any experience in using the 16 Pin connector on the rear of the radio? If I wired in the microphone there that would be my preferred option.

download.png

On Ebay look up seller mre1032 and search through his offerings. He makes a plug and play for what you want. His instructions will include any programming info needed. He’s a very reliable seller and highly regarded in Motorola legacy user community. 

edit to add: This will do trick: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/350576654026?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2EZBpsHPQDa&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=GPyqobjPSYK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL