All band commercial/amateurHTs.

kidphc

3 hours ago, kidphc said:

Yeah, the CPS will show it, but it will not physically change it on the radio. You need the AT option exe to make the physical change on the radio. The model information in CPS only lets you change the CPS to program it for that mode.

I don't believe I have ever used the "AT" option exe to change the mode. I just programmed the radio with it set through the CPS. I just updated the firmware, V1.27, and rebuilt the code plug. Nothing unusual when I programmed the radio and the code plug was built for the expanded RX and TX range. Maybe somebody else can share their experience.

1 minute ago, Lscott said:

I don't believe I have ever used the "AT" option exe to change the mode. I just programmed the radio with it set through the CPS. I just updated the firmware, V1.27, and rebuilt the code plug. Nothing unusual when I programmed the radio and the code plug was built for the expanded RX and TX range. Maybe somebody else can share their experience.

Couldn't change mine without the utility. "out of band" when I tried to upload. May have been a firmware change.

10 minutes ago, kidphc said:

Couldn't change mine without the utility. "out of band" when I tried to upload. May have been a firmware change.

By any chance did you forget to enter the "secret" password code to set the mode? It's in the second of the two photos. Also if you look at the text file for the at_options app you'll see the same code just before the lines for the various modes listed for the different D878 models. There is a different code for the D578 series.

Just now, Lscott said:

By any chance did you forget to enter the "secret" password code to set the mode? It's in the second of the two photos. Also if you look at the text file for the at_options app you'll see the same code just before the lines for the various modes listed for the different D878 models. There is a different code for the D578 series.

Nope didn't want to publish something that is everywhere if you look hard enough. Anytone has been making changes to keep the FCC happy. I believe this is one of the things.

6 hours ago, kidphc said:

EDITTED: THIS STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE AND FOUND THE SETTING: Under Optional settings "work mode" tab in CPS v2.05

"There is no professional/amatuer mode selection in the CPS any longer. So the only choice is to choose a mode that is already preconfigured to amateur mode or lose the Front Panel Programming."

Interesting... My copy claims to be v2.05, but I can't find that quoted text... Or am I misinterpreting your statement (ie: the quote came from somewhere else, and is in contradiction with the CPS)?

image.thumb.png.ed4c72130ca66cda21f126c6b21af28d.png

2 minutes ago, KAF6045 said:

Interesting... My copy claims to be v2.05, but I can't find that quoted text... Or am I misinterpreting your statement (ie: the quote came from somewhere else, and is in contradiction with the CPS)?

image.thumb.png.ed4c72130ca66cda21f126c6b21af28d.png

Originally couldn't find it. Then edited the post to reflect that I had found it and where. Unfortunately, the edit tab doesn't have the option to change font like a normal full reply. I'll change the original post again with strike through font.

EDITTED: THIS STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE AND FOUND THE SETTING: Under Optional settings "work mode" tab in CPS v2.05