A few questions about setting up a node. Rich refuses to help...

WRKV653

Question

I have been working on this for a few months now, and I am close to being online. I have emailed Rich many times and my last few emails requesting the same help (despite buying everything from him) have fallen on deaf ears...

I can't seem to find much using the search... under the user, there is a section for Node managment. I don't have anything listed, is there suspost to be something?. I am finding conflicting information on correct DTMF procedure... I have looked in my rpt.con file and it shows *1 disconnect *3 connect. I will hold the PTT and press *3177 to connect to the intermountian hub. once I complete this I then *70 and I get nothing about being connected, only says monitoring. I do *85 and get the IP address. Also the node will say the time every hour over the repeater... But I can't seem to connect to any Nodes... I have set port 4569 to forward in the router as per the quick start guide. I then wanted to check if the DTMF was being recevied correctly, under run asterisk CLI client when I test the DTMF I get a hangup after every number pushed, shouldn't this be seemless and only show a hangup after the PTT has been released?. Thanks for any help that can be offered! 

Admin for Node 21605 and Seeksafety repeater

WRKV653

4 answers to this question

On 9/19/2022 at 2:32 AM, WRKV653 said:

I have been working on this for a few months now, and I am close to being online. I have emailed Rich many times and my last few emails requesting the same help (despite buying everything from him) have fallen on deaf ears...

I can't seem to find much using the search... under the user, there is a section for Node managment. I don't have anything listed, is there suspost to be something?. I am finding conflicting information on correct DTMF procedure... I have looked in my rpt.con file and it shows *1 disconnect *3 connect. I will hold the PTT and press *3177 to connect to the intermountian hub. once I complete this I then *70 and I get nothing about being connected, only says monitoring. I do *85 and get the IP address. Also the node will say the time every hour over the repeater... But I can't seem to connect to any Nodes... I have set port 4569 to forward in the router as per the quick start guide. I then wanted to check if the DTMF was being recevied correctly, under run asterisk CLI client when I test the DTMF I get a hangup after every number pushed, shouldn't this be seemless and only show a hangup after the PTT has been released?. Thanks for any help that can be offered! 

Admin for Node 21605 and Seeksafety repeater

WRKV653

The reason you can not connect to nodes, you need to solve your DTMF problem. If and when you enter DTMF command to connect to a Node, it should say connecting to Node 177, if it fails nothing happens. Did you check the map to see if your Node shows up. 5 minutes after configuring mine it showed up on the map. I just tried to connect to your Node and it failed. been working on mine for a week now, have the Supermon going and connected to the Network. 24103
WRTX950
Dale

Your node is not registering with the registration server; otherwise it'd be showing up here: https://mygmrs.network/nodes

Without that; nothing will connect. myGMRS is currently showing all our nodes as rejected in terms of registration, alluding to a registration server problem on the myGMRS side, thus the node list is stale. I've pinged Rich on this issue.

edit: it's been fixed; try it again in a few minutes.

Edited by JeepCrawler98

On 9/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, JeepCrawler98 said:

Your node is not registering with the registration server; otherwise it'd be showing up here: https://mygmrs.network/nodes

Without that; nothing will connect. myGMRS is currently showing all our nodes as rejected in terms of registration, alluding to a registration server problem on the myGMRS side, thus the node list is stale. I've pinged Rich on this issue.

edit: it's been fixed; try it again in a few minutes.

Thansk for that update!

On 9/20/2022 at 12:46 PM, WRTX950 said:

The reason you can not connect to nodes, you need to solve your DTMF problem. If and when you enter DTMF command to connect to a Node, it should say connecting to Node 177, if it fails nothing happens. Did you check the map to see if your Node shows up. 5 minutes after configuring mine it showed up on the map. I just tried to connect to your Node and it failed. been working on mine for a week now, have the Supermon going and connected to the Network. 24103
WRTX950
Dale

Thanks Dale,

I am checking the repeater settings to see if the issue is there. I see the node on the map and when I press the PTT the node changes color and I see it in the log. I can also trigger the test tone in simple usb tuner and it will broadcast the test tone over the repeater. I can *70 and get a system status of "repeater". I can't get back to the repeater tell tomorrow to check on the settings, but once I do I will update with what I find...

Max