FP577 Repeater information

Rex

Question

Hi all.. FNG here.  Have a quick question.

I live in Port st. lucie FL.,  I can receive transmissions from the FP577 repeater.  I would like to know what it is I need to know to use this repeater for local traffic, especially during emergencies.

I have the freq. .. I am hearing the traffic and I should be able to hit the repeater without issue.  

I have been "playing radio" for several decades  so I understand how they work. I guess I am going to need the tone to open the repeater and it does not seem to be listed anywhere.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, Bill.

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Rex said:

Hi all.. FNG here.  Have a quick question.

I live in Port st. lucie FL.,  I can receive transmissions from the FP577 repeater.  I would like to know what it is I need to know to use this repeater for local traffic, especially during emergencies.

I have the freq. .. I am hearing the traffic and I should be able to hit the repeater without issue.  

I have been "playing radio" for several decades  so I understand how they work. I guess I am going to need the tone to open the repeater and it does not seem to be listed anywhere.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, Bill.

Yes, you need the tone. Did you try looking up the repeater on this site?  It should either tell you the tone or information that will help you get it.

51 minutes ago, KAF6045 said:

Many repeaters have the channel frequency (kHz part) as part of their naming. But .577 is not a valid GMRS frequency. .575 would be. I don't see an FP5xx in the repeater list. Unless you mean the Fort Pierce .575...

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/2908

Yes that is correct. On 462.575 MHz.. but Cannot find the tone anywhere..  most everything here is 107.2 but that ain't workin...

58 minutes ago, KAF6045 said:

Many repeaters have the channel frequency (kHz part) as part of their naming. But .577 is not a valid GMRS frequency. .575 would be. I don't see an FP5xx in the repeater list. Unless you mean the Fort Pierce .575...

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/2908

Yes that is correct. On 462.575 MHz.. but Cannot find the tone anywhere..  most everything here is 107.2 but that ain't workin...

Here is all I can see..  as far as I can tell... I am posting so therefore I am signed in..   

Output Tone

Sign In to View

1 hour ago, Rex said:

That is as far as I can get.  I am posting this.. so I am "signed in".

gmrs.jpg

The logins don't necessarily always carry over between the forum and the main page, unfortunately. They're a bit more connected than they used to be (the prior forum software, they were completely separate), but it's closer now...my avatars are still completely different between the two, though.

If you hit the three lines in the upper left, you should be able to sign in with the same password as the forum...then try accessing (or refreshing) the repeater page again. 

11 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

The logins don't necessarily always carry over between the forum and the main page, unfortunately. They're a bit more connected than they used to be (the prior forum software, they were completely separate), but it's closer now...my avatars are still completely different between the two, though.

If you hit the three lines in the upper left, you should be able to sign in with the same password as the forum...then try accessing (or refreshing) the repeater page again. 

tried earlier... and just did it again a dozen times..   constant stream of "The credentials you have provided are incorrect. Please try again."

really? !?!?

can anyone else get to it?? maybe take a screenshot??? this is pretty frustrating.

28 minutes ago, Rex said:

tried earlier... and just did it again a dozen times..   constant stream of "The credentials you have provided are incorrect. Please try again."

really? !?!?

can anyone else get to it?? maybe take a screenshot??? this is pretty frustrating.

So you need to register separately for the section of the website that includes the repeater directory. Go to www.mygmrs.com and click “register for free”.

It just so happens that the owner of this site is the owner of the Fort Pierce  repeater. I’m hesitant to publish here in the open the tones used for the repeater, but I did report this thread to him so he can respond. 

5 hours ago, Sshannon said:

As long as it’s an open system I decided that Rich probably would not mind. I sent you the tones in a message. 
Best wishes!

Beat me to it ? I remember an older post about not posting tone information in public sections (though I forget which sections that is again)...was immediately thinking message, but see it's already covered.

I trust Rich will get the account issue sorted, too.

39 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

Beat me to it ? I remember an older post about not posting tone information in public sections (though I forget which sections that is again)...was immediately thinking message, but see it's already covered.

I trust Rich will get the account issue sorted, too.

Of course that means Rich is dealing with hurricane issues also.  I hope he is safe.

29 minutes ago, wayoverthere said:

Hoping his family is safe as well...if I'm remembering right, the Florida side is some of his family members, while he's up in New Jersey

Thanks for that info.  I agree.  

We have friends in Naples.  We’ll give them a little time before asking them how things went.

1 hour ago, Rex said:

Appreciate you all taking the time to help..  I programmed everything last night, was talking on the repeater today.

Had a lot of cleanup to do today or i would have responded sooner.

All is well..

Situation is under control.

No rush ? glad to help, and to hear all is well.