Need help IDing a repeater in SE Pennsylvania @ 482.575Mhz

WRUW246

Question

I found a repeater early this morning during some scans and was wondering if anyone can help me ID it.  It's located somewhere in Southeast Pennsylvania (Philly suburbs and exurbs) or possibly South Jersey @ 462.575Mhz, CTCSS Tx 85.4Hz.

I can't find anything about it online (here on MyGMRS or elsewhere), but it seems to have quite a powerful transmitter, as I can still pick it up 20-30 miles away from my house.

I'm mostly just curious as to the location of the repeater and potentially who the owner is, as it'd be a convenient repeater to use if the owner allows it.

13 answers to this question

It sounds like WOML364 but I find no listing for that callsign in the FCC database. I tried a few other iterations (like 365) but no listing on the ULS.

Since you said you slowed it down, I am guessing are hearing the repeater system that I believe is linked, and IDs at around 40 WPM, which I am sure is intentional, so as no one can copy it., and I think one of the inputs is in Roxborough, as I recently heard a discussion about that on that system. I think there are other inputs in S. Jersey, but I have no direct knowledge of what is going on there.

This system was briefly discussed in another thread, because it was noted that no one ever IDs…they simply use unit numbers. I recognize a few of the users from Philly area amateur radio repeaters, as they are also licensed for ham radio operation. I guess they suspend their adherence to required FCC protocol on this guy’s system.

They go “10-8” and “10-7”, because I guess they like to pretend they are in public safety. I was in public safety, and have no time for “wannabes”. Having  a repeater with a big repeater footprint does not make up for this guy’s other shortcomings in life. 

I believe the owner of the system is some guy named Ed, and goes by 820 or 821 or 822, depending on what PL tone he is using, as the system used many different tones, via a community tone panel.

I also believe, but may be wrong, that you obtain the “privilege” to use his system by paying him, but I do not know that for a fact. Just key up when you hear “820…10-8” and ask him what you have to do to be part of that group. Money always talks.

1 hour ago, WRAM370 said:

It sounds like WOML364 but I find no listing for that callsign in the FCC database. I tried a few other iterations (like 365) but no listing on the ULS.

Since you said you slowed it down, I am guessing are hearing the repeater system that I believe is linked, and IDs at around 40 WPM, which I am sure is intentional, so as no one can copy it., and I think one of the inputs is in Roxborough, as I recently heard a discussion about that on that system. I think there are other inputs in S. Jersey, but I have no direct knowledge of what is going on there.

This system was briefly discussed in another thread, because it was noted that no one ever IDs…they simply use unit numbers. I recognize a few of the users from Philly area amateur radio repeaters, as they are also licensed for ham radio operation. I guess they suspend their adherence to required FCC protocol on this guy’s system.

They go “10-8” and “10-7”, because I guess they like to pretend they are in public safety. I was in public safety, and have no time for “wannabes”. Having  a repeater with a big repeater footprint does not make up for this guy’s other shortcomings in life. 

I believe the owner of the system is some guy named Ed, and goes by 820 or 821 or 822, depending on what PL tone he is using, as the system used many different tones, via a community tone panel.

I also believe, but may be wrong, that you obtain the “privilege” to use his system by paying him, but I do not know that for a fact. Just key up when you hear “820…10-8” and ask him what you have to do to be part of that group. Money always talks.

Thanks so much.  WOML364 was what I got when decoding it as well, but I wasn't sure I was correct, as I couldn't find it in the database either.  I guess it wasn't just me!

Whatever the setup is, it's got quite the range.  I was able to pick it up near my job today north of Pottstown, so it's got quite the reach. 

Really appreciate the help.

While I don’t believe Express Traffic exists in the Philly area anymore, it may well be that this GMRS system was part of that back in the day. That would explain why it has such a large coverage area. If there is an input at Roxborough, Pa., that would likely only come about from a company or corporation, since that is where many of the TV and radio station antennas are located, and a lowly GMRS user would not be likely to gain access to that site.

On 10/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, WRUW246 said:

I found a repeater early this morning during some scans and was wondering if anyone can help me ID it.  It's located somewhere in Southeast Pennsylvania (Philly suburbs and exurbs) or possibly South Jersey @ 462.575Mhz, CTCSS Tx 85.4Hz.

I can't find anything about it online (here on MyGMRS or elsewhere), but it seems to have quite a powerful transmitter, as I can still pick it up 20-30 miles away from my house.

I'm mostly just curious as to the location of the repeater and potentially who the owner is, as it'd be a convenient repeater to use if the owner allows it.

That repeater is apart of LEARN System, which is closed System. I don't know how many repeaters on that system with the same pair. Each repeater has a different tone that's all I know. This past spring, I was able talk with another station using a repeater in Long Island NY Of course, not the same repeater, but both repeaters were on 462.575 67.0.  Man, what a Band Opening. I did have difficulties hearing the stations in NY, but the one station came in like we we  were 10 miles on simplex. DFQ or Blowing my Windows Out

Edited by Adamdaj
I recently re-examine what I said on this particular subject and realize that I was bad mouthing an individual. So I needed fix it!

7 hours ago, Luish19779 said:

I hear NY,NJ PA Emergency repeater.

that all I know about the repeater. The Morse code is in the video that I uploaded 

On 10/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, Luish19779 said:

I got the same issue here in south Bronx NY

462.700mhz

The Video's opening voice clip says 600:

THETA System 600 Manhattan NY

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 4.30.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 4.30.56 AM.png