Don't update NEW Radios firmware till checking your version and 'new' version (Doh!)

WRUQ282

Summary: Don't follow MFGR instructions to upgrade firmware on new radios - check your version 1sts!  

ISSUE: I purchased 2 new Radioddity GM-30s. Upgraded firmware took me down  V06.03.009 to V06.03.009
RESOLVED by Radioddity.   See below for details. 

The Manual said to download software and latest firmware and install firmware, I did (Doh!)
I went from Firmware V06.03.009 DOWN to V06.03.009.

MY EMAIL:
Hello,
Summary: PLEASE GIVE ME THE LINK TO YOUR NEWEST FIRMWARE so I can get back to or better than V6.03.009

I do LOVE my two new radios - XLNT for the price.
I got my TWO new Radioddity GM-30s and followed instructions and upgraded the first one.
The Firmware "Upgrade" took me DOWN from V6.03.009 to V6.03.006!
DId I download the wrong one?  Factory Reset did NOT put it back to V6.03.009.
MY 2nd radio I do NOT 'update'; so remains V6.03.009.

My request: PLEASE GIVE ME THE LINK TO YOUR NEWEST FIRMWARE so I can get back to or better than V6.03.009.

I hope to hear from a human.
Thank you.

=========================
RADIODDITY's (David's) OUTSTANDING REPLY!!
Radioddity Online_Store
Attachments 1 (firmware v6.03.009 bin file)
12:13 PM ) to me

Hi Dave,
We have never made v6.03.009 up for download, as the manufacturer had insisted it is the same as v6.03.006.
That said, I have been able to secure a copy of the 6.03.009 firmware, which is attached to this reply.
(I am human - at least 5 days a week :) )

Cheers,
David Little
Radioddity Support Team

======END=========
Great support.   Gotta Luv Radioddity!!!  (after this - I certainly do!)
My lesson learned, Don't follow MFGR instructions to upgrade firmware on new radios - check your version 1sts! 
[This is my 1st submission, hope it's appropriate and in the right place]
David Stewart WRUQ282

Their link is here (but check your version first!): 

https://www.radioddity.com/pages/radioddity-download

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2022 at 3:22 PM, MichaelLAX said:

Welcome!

Please edit the typos in your firmware version numbers (006 vs 009) so as to not cause the next reader as much confusion as it caused me. 

Once corrected my post will seem superfluous! ?

Your post is still useful.  I read the original and re-read it several times trying to find the difference between the two identical firmware versions.   When I saw your post, I knew I wasn't crazy.  :) 

It would be helpful if Radioddity would post firmware files with FILENAMES that reflect the FIRMWARE VERSION as well.   I couldn't find it inside the ZIP files either.  

It seems the only option is to just flash the firmware and hope it's an update?   Per this post, it's potentially a downgrade though.

I've emailed them and will post any reply here since this post is showing up in Google searches.

16 hours ago, WRQC345 said:

It would be helpful if Radioddity would post firmware files with FILENAMES that reflect the FIRMWARE VERSION as well.   I couldn't find it inside the ZIP files either.  

It seems the only option is to just flash the firmware and hope it's an update?   Per this post, it's potentially a downgrade though.

I've emailed them and will post any reply here since this post is showing up in Google searches.

As of 2022-12-09: 

Files available from their website:

GM-30_Firmware & Software_V1.05

GM-30_Firmware 20210403 & Software_V2.06

GM-30_Firmware 20210615 & Software_V2.06

-----reply email from Radioddity 

Hi Dennis,

6.03.009 is the latest firmware from 11.17.2021
6.03.006 was the previous from 6.15.2021
6.03.003 (IIRC) was in the 4.03.2021 release
6.03.001 was in the V1.05 download from 3.18.2021

6.03.009 and 6.03.006 are the same, except 6.03.009 was provided for GM-30 radios that had a chip change due to supply shortages and the FM broadcast radio did not work. That is the only difference I have found.

If you have v6.03.009 and the FM Radio can pick up local stations, that is as new as is available.

Cheers,
David ________
Radioddity Support Team

Edited by WRQC345
pasted from phone - text was white, fixed; added file names as context

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, WRUQ282 said:

=========================
RADIODDITY's (David's) OUTSTANDING REPLY!!
Radioddity Online_Store
Attachments 1 (firmware v6.03.009 bin file)
12:13 PM ) to me

Hi Dave,
We have never made v6.03.009 up for download, as the manufacturer had insisted it is the same as v6.03.006.
That said, I have been able to secure a copy of the 6.03.009 firmware, which is attached to this reply.
(I am human - at least 5 days a week :) )

Cheers,
David Little

I am in the same boat! (Accidently downgraded from v6.03.009 to v6.03.006). Only issue I know of so far is no FM radio. Still annoying none the less. Cant find the firmware online anywhere. Last post was back in Feb, so I'm assuming somebody found the firmware or got it sent to them?? If so, please reach out!!

• 2 months later...