Baofeng UV-82 (Classic, 5W) + RIM Lite Node Radio

tdukes

So, I've been trying to setup a small Allstarlink network. I was looking for a source that I could purchase a modified USB sound FOB. Not much luck there and my micro-soldering skills are not so great. I just don't have the eye sight to do this.

I contacted Repeater-Builder and asked if he had anything or knew anyone that had anything like what I needed. He said he felt sure his RIM Lite would work. I told him I could do the radio part of the soldering. I also showed him a pic of one of the guys node radio that I will be connecting to with his Maxtrac board on a Baofeng 888. He still said he thought the RIM lite was the better way to go.

So, I got the board and the radio soldered up. I tried using simpleusb but it's not working. Error messages show the connection to the RIM Lite dies, reconnects and dies, over and over. I tried the usbradio setup but have errors there as well.

Simpleusb:

[Oct 26 10:30:45] WARNING[3421] chan_simpleusb.c: Loaded parameters from simpleusb_tune_usb_1501.conf for device usb_1501 .
[Oct 26 10:30:45] WARNING[3420] chan_simpleusb.c: Possibly stuck USB read channel. [usb_1501]
[Oct 26 10:30:45] WARNING[3420] chan_simpleusb.c: Nope, USB read channel [usb_1501] wasn't stuck after all.

Usbradio:

[Oct 27 05:51:05] WARNING[1088] channel.c: Exception flag set on 'Radio/usb_1501', but no exception handler
[Oct 27 05:51:05] WARNING[1088] channel.c: Exception flag set on 'Radio/usb_1501', but no exception handler

From the Allstarlink WIKI on modifying the UV-82, to the DB-9 on the RIM Lite:

PIN

2 =====> Mic In (RX)

3 =====> COS

5 =====> PTT

6 =====> Audio Out (TX)

8,9 ====> Gnd

Hopefully someone here can help. I can't post my questions on Allstarlink.org as I'm not a Ham and no response from Repeater-Builder. I'm close, but no cigar.

TIA

UV-82 Layout 1.jpg

1 hour ago, MichaelLAX said:

Just curious: how will you use an Allstar network if you are not a Ham?

Not planning to use the Allstarlink network per se. myGMRS uses it to run their netowork. Just a few modifications are all that are needed to setup a small group of nodes. You don't need a registration server.

50 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

Thanks, those are the ones I have followed for the radio. These people are actually connecting the radio to a URI or a DIY URI. Both have CM1xx sound card inside.