KG-1000G+ Dual Scan?

MarkInTampa

Question

I'm trying to use the dual scan feature of the radio. Instructions say "The A and B areas can perform a scan at the same time. to do this, press SCAN to activate the scan on A area, press AREA to go to the B area, then press SCAN to activate the scan on B area. Both areas should scan simultaneously."

If I start a scan in area A as soon as I press the AREA button scanning stops on area A and doesn't resume. If I start a scan in area B and press the SCAN button it scans B but as soon as I hit the AREA button it stops scanning as well.

Am I missing something to scan both areas simultaneously? (BTW, the BAND button on the 1000G has been relabeled AREA on the 1000G+ version).

Thanks

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, OffRoaderX said:

I dont use mine for scanning, but I just tried that on my 1000G+ and it's doing the same thing.  Looks like a bug.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't just me. Since the 1000G+ has dual speakers and a separate volume for each band, I thought it would be nice to scan a few active GMRS channels on one side and AM aircraft bands at a low volume on the other. Oh well

4 hours ago, markskjerve said:

... Instructions say "The A and B areas can perform a scan at the same time. to do this, press SCAN to activate the scan on A area, press AREA to go to the B area, then press SCAN to activate the scan on B area. Both areas should scan simultaneously." ... 

Do you have the manual nearby?  What page is this one?