ICOM ic-f43gs firmware update issue

Colin927

Question

Hello all,

I recently bought a lot of these icom radios and purchased the firmware update for them but when I try to run the update loader there is a message that says "Error cannot make boot mode" I have checked the operators manual and the service manual and nothing tells me what I need to do and the firmware did not come with any instructions. The COM port is correct, it does connect and read the radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated as most of these units have a version 1.x firmware installed and have a lot of features missing.

Thanks

Colin

2 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Colin927 said:

Hello all,

I recently bought a lot of these icom radios and purchased the firmware update for them but when I try to run the update loader there is a message that says "Error cannot make boot mode" I have checked the operators manual and the service manual and nothing tell me what I need to do and the firmware did not come with any instructions. The COM port is correct, it does connect and read the radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated as most of these units have a version 1.x firmware installed and have a lot of feature missing.

Thanks

Colin

First, I don’t know, but are you using this software:

https://www.ameradio.com/product/13182/description.html