Radioddity Black Friday Sale starts TODAY (November 22nd)

MichaelLAX

For the record, the DB-25G is a completely different animal than the DB20-G and as far as I am aware, it cannot be opened to transmit on Ham Bands 2 meters and 70 cms like the DB-20G.

Also, once opened, the DB-20G can program all 500 channels; even if you keep it transmitting only on GMRS.

Currently retevis.com has their RA25 version of the DB20-G for $76.  For $85 they have the "farm tractor bundle."  In the bundle a programming cable and mag mount antenna is included.

*** IMPORTANT ***
On Retevis' web site they offer both a dual band ham version of the RA25 as well as the GMRS version of the RA25.  Notice the model number is the same.  So look at links and/or drop down menus carefully if it matters to you which version you get.

Let's say you get the GMRS version and use the simple button mod to open up the radio.  It's true that you could xmit on the ham bands in this case.  But type acceptance wise that is not valid.  So if interested primarily in GMRS, get the GMRS version.  Along the same reasoning, if interested primarily in ham radio, get the ham version.

Physically the RA25 looks the same as the Radioddity DB20-G.  However, I seem to recall someone (MichaelLAX ?) once posted that the Radioddity and Anytone versions of the radio could share a code plug with each other but the Retevis version could not use the Radioddity or Anytone code plugs (?).  If so, potentially this suggests at least a small difference in the Retevis version regarding its settings or firmware.  Comments @MichaelLAX, our resident DB20-G and variants fan?

7 hours ago, mrgmrs said:

Physically the RA25 looks the same as the Radioddity DB20-G.  However, I seem to recall someone (MichaelLAX ?) once posted that the Radioddity and Anytone versions of the radio could share a code plug with each other but the Retevis version could not use the Radioddity or Anytone code plugs (?).  If so, potentially this suggests at least a small difference in the Retevis version regarding its settings or firmware.  Comments @MichaelLAX, our resident DB20-G and variants fan?

Yes, based upon research I did with Ra-25 code plugs and CPS software that was provided to me, I could not get my Radioddity DG20-G or Anytone AT-779UV code plugs to open in the Retevis software.