KG935G install woes

BluBurro

Question

Reaching out for some direction/advice. 
new to programming my KG935G. Have my software installed ( KG935G functions software from buytwoway and CHRIP).

My VCP cable that came with the radio will not install for whatever reason and I’m trying to do this on a lap top from 2010 w/Windows 7. Unfortunately I’m unable to sort out a way to run this driver/software on my Mac. 
I really would like take full advantage of this radios full capability. Anyone who has else run into this issue and if so how did you resolve it. Access to local repeaters/monitor local 1st responders etc. would be great assets to my family and I. We don’t always have  a good cell/internet signal ( which may be part of my install problem).any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

On 12/13/2022 at 3:58 PM, WRUT935 said:

Ensure that the driver is properly communicating with the comm port that the cable is plugged in. The device manager will show that.  If you can’t “read” the radio from the computer, try anothe usb port.  Most of the time it is a driver issue. 

Wow: you like the KG-935 so much you got a GMRS Vanity call about it! ?