Dr D

drove

Question

I recently got a Motorola CDM1550 LS+ It has the frequency I need all ready programed into it... but the tone is wrong. Can I change the tone from the face of the radio without needing the software to do it. I know nothing about these radios.  Thanks for any help you can provide. Also if there is a radio shop I can send it to that will work as well. I don't know of one in my area. Willing to ship it, if needed.

3 answers to this question

There is no Front Panel Programming mode on the Motorola CDM radios. You need to have software & a specific programming cable in order to change the programming that's already in the radio. Changing the tone on an existing channel is about a 10 minute job, start to finish.

Getting the correct software & cable is much more of a job than doing the actual work. If it's a one-time change, then it's probably more cost effective to pay someone else to do the programming.

Without knowing where you are located, hard to recommend somewhere local to take it to, but I'd start by searching for "Motorola radio dealer +_________________"  and fill in the ______ with your local city/metro/county location. There are people advertising programming services for those radios on Ebay starting @ $30 + return shipping costs.

CDM's are fine radios with good audio and decent build quality. They were at the pinnacle of analog radio technology 20 years ago.

22 hours ago, drove said:

I recently got a Motorola CDM1550 LS+ It has the frequency I need all ready programed into it... but the tone is wrong...

1 hour ago, drove said:

Thanks for the info. ebay hear I come. 73

So, to summarize, there is no "hear" on the Motorola CDM1550 LS+ without the cable and software?! ?