Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, WRVM812 said:

I have a  Wouxum  KG-805G.

How do I get repeater information an setup in my radio. This is my first GRMS radio.

• Use the arrows or channel knob to select the appropriate "Rept" channel that corresponds to the frequency you want to use.
  • Hit "menu" and scroll to t-ctcs or t-dcs as appropriate (if the tones have a decimal, most likely ctcss...if it's 3 digits only, sometimes followed by N or I, that's dcs).
  • Hit menu on the appropriate option, them scroll through to the appropriate tone number from the repeater listing or other info source.
  • Hit menu to confirm the code, and then exit.

You should now be good to go. You can get into things like adding custom channels or names via computer (and programming cable)  but this will have you up and running; from there it's just "am I in range? And "is anyone listening?"

1 hour ago, WRVM812 said:

I have a  Wouxum  KG-805G.

How do I get repeater information an setup in my radio. This is my first GRMS radio.

I don't have experience with the KG-805G, so someone else will have to explain how to program some of these repeaters into it:

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 3.32.27 PM.png

1 minute ago, MichaelLAX said:

@wayoverthere: Jinx, you owe me a coke! ?

The research helps too, so i can be more specific rather than generalizing.

Wabash doesn't list the tones, but Vincennes is CTCSS (t-ctcs in the menu). Receive tone is optional, and can be skipped till setup is confirmed good or just left off altogether.