Dpl 265

Guest WRVY696

Guest WRVY696

Decode/ encode on the digital private line ( dpl265); on the drop down menu, is there a difference between d265n and d265i ? My radio is a radioddity db20-g.  Forgive my lack of knowledge, it's my first day.

Chris 

29 minutes ago, Guest WRVY696 said:

Decode/ encode on the digital private line ( dpl265); on the drop down menu, is there a difference between d265n and d265i ? My radio is a radioddity db20-g.  Forgive my lack of knowledge, it's my first day.

Chris 

Yes, the N and the I specify "normal" or "inverted" version of the digital tone. Usually if the letter is omitted, "normal" is assumed.

At worst, if one doesn't work, switch to the other.

Guest WRVY696

?thankyou!! , I have several of the closest repeaters programmed,4 of the 6 ihave programmed use DPL 265 and its hard to find any useful information,  outsde of the forum.

Chris 

...  and you will also find out that every normal DPL code has (at least 1)  matching invert, which is really just another number on the DPL chart. So folks who (over)think it and decide that they're getting some type of super special "secure access" on their repeater by choosing some odd-ball Inverted code  end up baffled when someone sniffs out their code over the air within 30 seconds. 

Inverted code/matching std code

023               047
025               244
026               464
031                627
032               051
036                172

When you're dealing with digital ones and zero's in a streaming bit code, the patterns end up repeating themselves, even if your bitstream originally started with a 0 instead of a 1.

Someone with more patience and knowledge explained it better than me, but if you want to go for a deep dive - here it is:

DPL demystified