Alaska Meeting

WRTT642

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are having a fun and safe winter. So, a couple of us had made mention of all of us getting together and finding ways that we can all work together and get as many repeaters up and running as possible and getting to know each other more and our areas of expertise and what equipment we are all running etc. If any of you would like to meet up next Friday which will be the 17th of February please let me know. Or what day would be good for you guys. I am not sure where everyone is located and I want to make this as inclusive as possible for everyone. I know some of you are in Anchorage and Eagle River and some of us are out here in the Valley, I would like to get a consensus from everyone as to who would like to meet up, what day works best, what time, and where. If anyone here in the Valley needs transportation or want to car pool I don't mind picking a few people up. If we can all work together we can get this done. 

I was thinking of maybe meeting up at a Starbucks or something similar so we can have a coffee and snack. I would say maybe 2 hour slot will be great, if we need to leave early that is fine or if we want to hang out longer then that would be great too, but again, I would really like some feed back from you guys to see what everyone thinks about this. So please leave you comments below on what you think about meeting up and the specifics of it.

• WRTT642 pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, dogfarts2021 said:

I saw today there is a new repeater in Willow area in the Nancy Lake region. It doesn't reach wasilla and I only saw it after I drove to Talkeetna today 

Really? I did not know that. I will look into it. If you find out anything more please let us know.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:26 PM, WRVL467 said:

Sorry I missed seeing this until now. Two popular spots here in Eagle River are Jitters and Odd Man Rush Brewing, if we want to meet somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, I would still like to, but it seems like everyone here is too busy at this time. Maybe in the summer might be better, but I am up for meeting in Eagle River.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines.