External Speaker for Mobil Unit Recommendations

WRVF645

Almost any external speaker would work, the issue being cords between the radio and the speaker. I bought this little peaker for when I operate away from my home. AYL Mini Speaker System, Portable Plug in Speaker with 3.5mm Aux Audio Input, External Speaker for Laptop Computer, MP3 Player, iPhone, iPad, Cell Phone (Black) (amazon.com) It is amplified so its volume is independent of the radio volume meaning I can leave the radio's level set or normal use and increase or decrease the volume at the external speaker as needed.

47 minutes ago, BoxCar said:

Almost any external speaker would work, the issue being cords between the radio and the speaker. I bought this little peaker for when I operate away from my home. AYL Mini Speaker System, Portable Plug in Speaker with 3.5mm Aux Audio Input, External Speaker for Laptop Computer, MP3 Player, iPhone, iPad, Cell Phone (Black) (amazon.com) It is amplified so its volume is independent of the radio volume meaning I can leave the radio's level set or normal use and increase or decrease the volume at the external speaker as needed.

I know any speaker will work.  Googling speakers on amazon and everything is either stereo speaker pairs for a home, computer speakers, or bluetoothish speakers.  I was hoping some of the offroaders had something they mounted in a side by side or jeep that looked decent.

I have a couple similar to what you linked, I'm looking for something you could mount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OFKI5TE/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00OFKI5TE&pd_rd_w=NbfcO&content-id=amzn1.sym.dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_p=dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_r=EK01270BRXXDC3MD8JDH&pd_rd_wg=XaItQ&pd_rd_r=7cc1b22e-f10b-40d8-bcd7-4734666c233d&s=electronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExS01GMlZGTEtTVEtaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjQzNTc2MVcyQjRBVjlIMjNLViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDQ1OTMzMVNYWFpJVkEzUzU2VSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

This looks like the style, but as you said I don't think that plug will work with my mobile unit.

Edited by WRVF645
added link.

Instead of googling “speakers”, Google “radio communication speakers“

You’ll find offerings from the various radio companies, such as Astatic, Icom, Yaesu, MFJ, etc. 

Almost all will be better priced going through somewhere other than Amazon, like DXEngineering or Gigaparts or Ham Radio Outlet, but if you have prime anyway the savings in shipping might make up for it.