Is the Map Broken?

WRTU521

It's been a while since I've needed the map, but I'm getting ready to do some traveling, and wanted to preprogram in some repeaters along my route. I went to the map and there is nothing there! Well, satellite view, but no repeaters, anywhere! I can click on My Favorite Repeaters and see the local ones I marked in a while ago, but they don't show up on the map. No repeater does. 

Please help. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, WRTU521 said:

It's been a while since I've needed the map, but I'm getting ready to do some traveling, and wanted to preprogram in some repeaters along my route. I went to the map and there is nothing there! Well, satellite view, but no repeaters, anywhere! I can click on My Favorite Repeaters and see the local ones I marked in a while ago, but they don't show up on the map. No repeater does. 

Please help. Thank you. 

Map view works for me as long as I leave it on “Satellite Street” view.  I see colored dots with numbers signifying densely located (for the scale) repeaters and if I zoom in the individual repeaters appear on the map. 

If I change to “Light Street” or “Colored Street” views it says that a problem occurred and dumps me back to the zoom level showing the entire USA in Satellite Street view.

I’m using an iPad with an older version of iOS.  It’s old enough that I cannot upgrade to newer versions of software for some things. Perhaps my problem, but in any case I do see the repeaters on the map.  It took a little while (maybe 30 seconds to a minute) to populate the map at first, but now seems quicker so I assume, that they’re locally cached.  

Worst case let me know what area is in your route and I’ll zoom in and get you some screenshots showing the repeaters.

As @Sshannonsaid, i think the map data gets cached locally, and it's something glitching there, perhaps due to age of the cached data.

Mine was initially not displaying on mobile, even after loading for a minute or more. I went in and cleared the cache and reloaded the page, and it loaded within a couple seconds with the repeater dots loading as they should.

Thanks for the help! 

It must be my slower home internet connection. I got to work this morning and looked at the map. All the repeaters are there! My work internet connection is lightning fast. I did let my home computer sit for a few minutes thinking that maybe it was my speed (I'm on Starlink, and speeds vary) but it never did populate. 

Least its not the site, its me! yay. 

I find the map pretty much useless most of the time.  For personal use I download repeater sites for my uses and create a Google Earth KMZ layer.  When I’m traveling. I can bring up Google Earth on my tablet or phone and get access info for needed repeater sites on the fly.  This is a whole lot easier than the map provided here and more versatile as well.