Listening to Midwest GMRS nets

VETCOMMS

I don't have any linked repeaters in my area and GMRS is still new to this part of the state.

My question is two-fold.

1.  Is there a way to listen online?

2. What is it like in areas where the repeaters are used frequently?  A lot of small talk?  Momma asking husband to pick up a gallon of milk?  Off roaders in their jeeps doing jeep things?  I ask because I just don't know.

My repeaters are used for specific items. Grab milk, on way home, etc. Mine are for family and friends. Not linked and no plans to. Also not advertised and not open to others. None of mine are areas we jeep in but when in Jeep we talk to other jeeps on the trail. 

For other stuff I go to ham or LMR.

37 minutes ago, WRTZ750 said:

I don't have any linked repeaters in my area and GMRS is still new to this part of the state.

My question is two-fold.

1.  Is there a way to listen online?

2. What is it like in areas where the repeaters are used frequently?  A lot of small talk?  Momma asking husband to pick up a gallon of milk?  Off roaders in their jeeps doing jeep things?  I ask because I just don't know.

1. Yes, the sidebar on the main page allows listening on the regional hubs. If you have zello access to one of the linked repeaters, you can listen (and participate) that way as well. https://mygmrs.com/nets

2. I wouldn't say the local one (set up by the ham club) is "frequent", but most of what I hear is quick coordinating between family members, or people testing their gear and range.

Not on a linked repeater but still valuable info. Two people getting off at an off ramp half mile from my home during rush hour…

male- where are you?

female - I’m stuck at the intersection, no one will let me in.

male - well you got to just get out there.

female - gee thanks, I hadn’t thought of that. 
male - uh… um… well (clearly knows he’s now in trouble)