Wouxun KG-935G + 16.7 miles to Saddle Peak GMRS repeater + 6 miles to another Wouxun, this time a KG-935G Plus

WRVX790

And boy am I pleasantly surprised. 

First of all, about my forum username. I made a mistake, tried to contact support@gmrsdotcom or whatever the hyperlink was, asking if my username might be modified to my simple FCC GMRS Call Sign, losing the phonetic gibberish... and have received no reply and this after over one month. I remain both slightly embarrassed and sad at the same time. 

That said, I was, as the thread title implies, able to communicate using my KG- 935G HT, both factory Wouxun antenna and the Nagoya 771G (and where there was no discernable difference between the two after several conversations) using the Santa Monica Mountains' Saddle Peak GMRS repeater with my friend in Calabassas/Woodland Hills and his KG-935G Plus, 6 miles from the repeater. 

To say I am surprised, excited and completely satisfied with my purchase of this Wouxun would be an understatement. Thanks goes to N.A.R. Prods/OffroaderX for his efforts, his informative videos and his wonderfully-dry sense of humor for steering this 2-way radio user in the right direction. 

And to think I was about to bust out the ol' Cobra 25LTD! to use in the desert. I still can, but, why. ?

?️ ? ?️

31 minutes ago, WhiskeyRomeo790 said:

And boy am I pleasantly surprised. 

First of all, about my forum username. I made a mistake, tried to contact support@gmrsdotcom or whatever the hyperlink was, asking if my username might be modified to my simple FCC GMRS Call Sign, losing the phonetic gibberish... and have received no reply and this after over one month. I remain both slightly embarrassed and sad at the same time. 

?️ ? ?️

With your permission, I can report this part of your post.  That gets Rich's attention (it's not a strike against you!) and in the past he has helped others fix their usernames.

I’m new to GMRS also lured in by NotaRubicon. I have been working on a few repeaters in my area and have been very impressed with how far out these radios can reach. Last night I joined in a net on a repeater that covers this area, it’s almost 50 miles from me at over 7k feet giving it a huge coverage area.