Testing a home repeater

WRTZ750

Question

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, WRTZ750 said:

I'm just learning about this simplex repeater/controller.  Is this something people can connect to a home repeater so I can then go out and test the repeater by myself from my vehicle?

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=98

You could do that with Ecostation software and a RIGBlaster Controller.   In fact, Ecostation could also serve as your Simplex repeater.  Ecostation is free to use for 30 days and i think about $20 if you purchase.   

18 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

You could do that with Ecostation software and a RIGBlaster Controller.   In fact, Ecostation could also serve as your Simplex repeater.  Ecostation is free to use for 30 days and i think about $20 if you purchase.   

So the Echostation would be the simplex repeater but I'm not sure how the Rigblaster controller would be used.  Is that a controller I can operate remotely with my phone if I need to shut down the repeater?

1 hour ago, WRTZ750 said:

So the Echostation would be the simplex repeater but I'm not sure how the Rigblaster controller would be used.  Is that a controller I can operate remotely with my phone if I need to shut down the repeater?

* Ecostation can be set up for either a Simplex or a Duplex Repeater using 'ONE' Radio.. I have not done this but there are YouTube Videos calming good results..  I use    RigBlaster for my I.D.er which knows when radio traffic is present..  It works great..  I actually use it for a voice I.D.er with my repeater name.   you can make thet MP3 file with this tool..     https://speechgen.io

* The RigBlaster is a controller for your Radio I.D. Voice are Code

* I use this for my remote power by phone, works great   https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/SwitcheOn-2-Channel-15-Amp-Remote-Power-Control_p_153.html

* you can also remote power with an HTML version..  A friend of my used this one and it works great as well.   http://www.ambery.com/ip-p4.html

5 hours ago, WRTZ750 said:

I'm just learning about this simplex repeater/controller.  Is this something people can connect to a home repeater so I can then go out and test the repeater by myself from my vehicle?

I think the product you showed could be connected to a radio. If then that radio was monitoring the repeater output that you want to test I think you could use it for such a thing. I am not an expert on this item. 

1 hour ago, WRUU653 said:

I think the product you showed could be connected to a radio. If then that radio was monitoring the repeater output that you want to test I think you could use it for such a thing. I am not an expert on this item. 

Simplex is like a talk back repeater..  When you broadcast, your transmission is recorded by the Simplex controller then re-transmitted a few seconds after you end your transmission.  So actually there are two exact transmissions, and yes - you do need to get accosted to the talkback...  Simplex can be set up with one radio and one antenna, A Duplexer is not needed.   Since you would hear your recorded transmission this in sense would be a way to test your transmission..  EcoStation can be set up for simplex or duplex and you don't need a controller since your computer would provide that..  I knew someone awhile back that used a Latnex simplex controller and a handheld radio connected to a base antenna, it worked pretty good..   Simplex repeaters are easy to set up and a good way to learn repeaters.