Jump to content
  • 0

Testing a home repeater


WRTZ750
 Share

Question

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, WRTZ750 said:

I'm just learning about this simplex repeater/controller.  Is this something people can connect to a home repeater so I can then go out and test the repeater by myself from my vehicle?

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=98

You could do that with Ecostation software and a RIGBlaster Controller.   In fact, Ecostation could also serve as your Simplex repeater.  Ecostation is free to use for 30 days and i think about $20 if you purchase.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

You could do that with Ecostation software and a RIGBlaster Controller.   In fact, Ecostation could also serve as your Simplex repeater.  Ecostation is free to use for 30 days and i think about $20 if you purchase.   

So the Echostation would be the simplex repeater but I'm not sure how the Rigblaster controller would be used.  Is that a controller I can operate remotely with my phone if I need to shut down the repeater?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, WRTZ750 said:

So the Echostation would be the simplex repeater but I'm not sure how the Rigblaster controller would be used.  Is that a controller I can operate remotely with my phone if I need to shut down the repeater?

 

* Ecostation can be set up for either a Simplex or a Duplex Repeater using 'ONE' Radio.. I have not done this but there are YouTube Videos calming good results..  I use    RigBlaster for my I.D.er which knows when radio traffic is present..  It works great..  I actually use it for a voice I.D.er with my repeater name.   you can make thet MP3 file with this tool..     https://speechgen.io

* The RigBlaster is a controller for your Radio I.D. Voice are Code

* I use this for my remote power by phone, works great   https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/SwitcheOn-2-Channel-15-Amp-Remote-Power-Control_p_153.html

* you can also remote power with an HTML version..  A friend of my used this one and it works great as well.   http://www.ambery.com/ip-p4.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, WRTZ750 said:

I'm just learning about this simplex repeater/controller.  Is this something people can connect to a home repeater so I can then go out and test the repeater by myself from my vehicle?

 

I think the product you showed could be connected to a radio. If then that radio was monitoring the repeater output that you want to test I think you could use it for such a thing. I am not an expert on this item. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, WRUU653 said:

I think the product you showed could be connected to a radio. If then that radio was monitoring the repeater output that you want to test I think you could use it for such a thing. I am not an expert on this item. 

Simplex is like a talk back repeater..  When you broadcast, your transmission is recorded by the Simplex controller then re-transmitted a few seconds after you end your transmission.  So actually there are two exact transmissions, and yes - you do need to get accosted to the talkback...  Simplex can be set up with one radio and one antenna, A Duplexer is not needed.   Since you would hear your recorded transmission this in sense would be a way to test your transmission..  EcoStation can be set up for simplex or duplex and you don't need a controller since your computer would provide that..  I knew someone awhile back that used a Latnex simplex controller and a handheld radio connected to a base antenna, it worked pretty good..   Simplex repeaters are easy to set up and a good way to learn repeaters.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines.