New Nagoya Antennas for HTs

WRPL700

I think that I'll wait for some user reviews

IF someone finds that the F30G surpasses the 771G, I'll consider one, I'm about quality & performance, not "tacticool"

For me, 30" would be unwieldy for EDC, my favorite radios are only 4-4½" in height

I think that I would have that antenna/radio combo clipped to my belt, on my backside with a speaker mike

yeah I couldnt stand that length either. I went through the phase of 1/4 wave 2m antennas and went to a little comet SMA503. I also went through the whole nagoya/amazon brand phase and despite being very cheap Ive learned when it comes to antennas just buy "real" ham brands. They're one of those things that actually are worth paying a little more for.

18 hours ago, Bande1 said:

yeah I couldn't stand that length either. I went through the phase of 1/4 wave 2m antennas and went to a little comet SMA503. I also went through the whole nagoya/amazon brand phase and despite being very cheap Ive learned when it comes to antennas just buy "real" ham brands. They're one of those things that actually are worth paying a little more for.

Personally, I prefer to buy from the radio stores for my equipment, I don't support Amazon or the big box stores

I prefer to support the radio stores, whether they're individual shops [R&L, Chatt Radio, The Antenna Farm] or small chains [HRO], plus I believe that the stores are going to make sure that they sell genuine brands, not knock-offs or counterfeits

I've purchased from Signal Stuff also, he's not a store but an individual [with helpers]

I apologize for hijacking the thread, we now return you to the original topic

• 4 weeks later...

Ya, I saw that, I dont like that they only offer it with SMA Female which means you have to add a converter for other radios like the Wouxuns,  I would be nice to have it on BNC without the need for another adapter.  With this length, using a BNC will make it easier to remove and or to swap with a shorter antenna.  The 15 inch 771G is a bit long to walk around with but has given me a noticeable performance boost.

On 5/3/2023 at 9:04 PM, WRUT935 said:

The 15 inch 771G is a bit long to walk around with but has given me a noticeable performance boost.

I agree. I usually use a Smiley 5/8 5" 465 MHz or a Laird G4650BN 10" commercial 450-470 MHz depending on my mood

I keep the 771G handy in case I want that extra bit of oomph to my signal

I also agree on the BNC, with adapters I can have the h-t on the 1/4 wave in the mobile, but I can grab it and switch back to portable mode to carry it with me with just a couple of twists + pulls/pushes

1 hour ago, WRCZ387 said:

I also agree on the BNC, with adapters I can have the h-t on the 1/4 wave in the mobile, but I can grab it and switch back to portable mode to carry it with me with just a couple of twists + pulls/pushes

I would rather wear out a cheap easily replaced BNC adapter than having to rip apart the radio to replace a worn out SMA connector.