New repeaters on the weekly list

wqnd300

8 hours ago, wqnd300 said:

Several repeaters that are on the weekly list show a location that doesn't exist. Even the map just shows as black

Well that’s a new one. Looks like one more in AK as well checking the owners page.  Perhaps this is a legitimate test but I reported this post in case @rdunajewski needs a heads up.  

image.thumb.jpeg.eb2b12592ebf7108c67fec12ad30e259.jpeg

11 hours ago, wqnd300 said:

Several repeaters that are on the weekly list show a location that doesn't exist. Even the map just shows as black.

There is no button on the listing to report these. 7bfecba5588e06564783cfe0a64955bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

if you don't enter a location for repeater when setting up your repeater than the coordinates resorts to 0.0,0,0.0.0  

2 hours ago, WRUE951 said:

if you don't enter a location for repeater when setting up your repeater than the coordinates resorts to 0.0,0,0.0.0

Fair enough but I think something else is going on here as most of these are not actual places that exist 

image.thumb.jpeg.92ed73e1725591b26295ae2a36651ac2.jpeg

35 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

Fair enough but I think something else is going on here as most of these are not actual places that exist 

image.thumb.jpeg.92ed73e1725591b26295ae2a36651ac2.jpeg

you can always look up the Licensee for a contact and ask the repeater originator why they are providing false info..  It does not make sense to me why they would do that. Providing false registration information serves them appositely no benefit. 

1 minute ago, WRUE951 said:

you can always look up the Licensee for a contact and ask the repeater originator why they are providing false info..  It does not make sense to me why they would do that. Providing false registration information serves them appositely no benefit

Assuming they bother to check their messages. It’s also possible they are doing some kind of testing as the post was made by the name chirp. Either way I let @rdunajewski know and since this is his site it is the most I can or care to do. 

Assuming they bother to check their messages. It’s also possible they are doing some kind of testing as the post was made by the name chirp. Either way I let [mention=5]rdunajewski[/mention] know and since this is his site it is the most I can or care to do. 
Testing? If that was true then the system need some tweaking as every Sunday the "new repeater" list comes out.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, wqnd300 said:

Testing? If that was true then the system need some tweaking as every Sunday the "new repeater" list comes out.

It is just a guess, it's not hurting anyone regardless and if it needs attention I'm sure Rich will handle it. Remember this is a one man operation and still the best game in town for GMRS repeater info. 

27 minutes ago, axorlov said:

There are some Mondays every now and then, when I just want to drop everything and go to Gjkk in California to break the routine and feel free from the rat race, to be greeted by people with a warm smile and helping hand.

It is pleasant there isn't it.? ??️??