Microphone 8 Pin Connection wiring for Wouxun

CentralFloridaGMRS

Question

8 answers to this question

I took the screws out of the plug end and separated the assembly enough to see the wire colors and what I got was inconclusive because it looks like there are two whites. Those may have stripes but I just couldn't see. Anyway:

1 - White

2 - Red

3 - Blue

4 - Green

5 - White *

6 - Yellow

7 - Couldn't see the insulation

8 (Center pin) - Couldn't see the color

* Could see white but couldn't tell if there was a stripe

55 minutes ago, WRHS218 said:

I took the screws out of the plug end and separated the assembly enough to see the wire colors and what I got was inconclusive because it looks like there are two whites. Those may have stripes but I just couldn't see. Anyway:

1 - White

2 - Red

3 - Blue

4 - Green

5 - White *

6 - Yellow

7 - Couldn't see the insulation

8 (Center pin) - Couldn't see the color

* Could see white but couldn't tell if there was a stripe

Pictures always help.  In this blown up shot of your previous image it appears that you have one white and one gray.  You also have one shield wire which has no insulation. 

8EC6A0AF-93F3-4A6E-818D-3AB317CB7E7C.png

1 hour ago, WRPG818 said:

Wouxun KG-XS20 Microphone stopped working. Noticed three wires are off so I removed them and want to put them back on. Any idea what wire goes to what connector? The plug is numbered 1 to 8. 

thumbnail_pro-YRKOt0XA.jpg

Which three were off when the Mike stopped working?  What functions stopped working as designed?
You probably documented where the other five went before you removed them. Which pins did they go to?

6 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Which three were off when the Mike stopped working?  What functions stopped working as designed?
You probably documented where the other five went before you removed them. Which pins did they go to?

I don't know. They all fell off at that point. Looks like a new Microphone is the only answer at this point. 

2 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Pictures always help.  In this blown up shot of your previous image it appears that you have one white and one gray.  You also have one shield wire which has no insulation. 

8EC6A0AF-93F3-4A6E-818D-3AB317CB7E7C.png

Yeah, I'm pretty much a moron as I didn't look at the picture. #5 is the grey wire and it looks like #7 is the non insulated wire. I can't see the black wire so I could, but won't, assume where it goes. I tried to get a picture but it didn't help. OP, please let us know when you have the answer.

26 minutes ago, WRHS218 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much a moron as I didn't look at the picture. #5 is the grey wire and it looks like #7 is the non insulated wire. I can't see the black wire so I could, but won't, assume where it goes. I tried to get a picture but it didn't help. OP, please let us know when you have the answer.

I wouldn’t say that, you definitely added to the ball moving in the right direction, I couldn’t find anything on this at all. Your info with Steve’s eye for detail could be a win for OP?