Motorola B1914A Gooseneck Microphone For dispatch consoles

JCase

Question

Greetings all,

it’s been a while since I have posted on here but I’m back and needing everyone’s help again. I have a Motorola B1914A Gooseneck Microphone for dispatch consoles. It didn’t include the cable and I’m trying to figure out if this can be used with a Motorola CM200 radio. It appears to use an RJ45 connector from the back of the microphone base (see pic). Is this compatible with the CM200 ? If yes, what cable do I need to connect with ?

Any guidance would be appreciated and I look forward to your replies.

5 answers to this question

Thats a MCC 7500 VPM console mic. While I've never looked at the pinout for converting it to another device it may or may not work. There was never a cable to go from this to a mobile radio so mic element may be different. I have also never seen the pinout for the gooseneck portion only the pinout of the VPM.

A web search for that unit shows this pinout, if you want/have to make your own cable.

PIN:

1: PTT
2: N/C
3: MIC–
4: SENS
5: N/C
6: MIC+
7: MONITOR
8: GND

But note that further in the discussion it also says:

Q: "I was wondering if anyone has tried interfacing this mic to a standard Motorola mobile radio."

A: "won't work.. will sound dull because that mic is a 200 ohm microphone.."

Greetings all,

My apologies for not replying sooner. My schedule has been a bit crazy and I just now had the time to check for any replies.That's not really the answer I was hoping for but I can't say that I'm surprised.

Thank you "gortex2" and "TheSidewinder" for replying with all the info, it's greatly appreciated.